Author Topic: 6th Edition Release Date + Products (click this)  (Read 6952 times)

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
Re: 6th Edition Release Date + Products (click this)
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2012, 11:18:57 AM »
If the psyker powers are central to 6th edition, I really hope that Perils is actually dangerous and/or unpredictable.

Yeah, fat chance.

tilarium

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2012, 01:36:12 PM »
I remember hearding that the satchel can hold 3 lasclips but only came with the one.  I was wondering how to get the others, guess they come with the dice coming out next month then?  I'll be picking two of those up then, just to have the clips! 

EDIT:  Am I the only one that hasn't gotten the latest WD?  I don't know why my copies have been getting in so late these last few months.

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2012, 10:11:28 PM »
Wow, Necrons, IG and Orks can ally with everyone....

Still liking the idea of Orks with a squadron of Lemon Russes.....
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2012, 10:27:05 PM »
What the.... Marines can ally with Necrons Dark Eldar, Eldar, Tau and Orks?  :o this makes no sence...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 10:37:13 PM by Grand Master Steve »

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2012, 11:26:37 PM »
What the.... Marines can ally with Necrons Dark Eldar, Eldar, Tau and Orks?  :o this makes no sence...

When did the fluff go from Kill the alien, to fight with the alien....
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

MM3791

• God
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2012, 12:17:02 AM »
Actually Orks and Necrons can not ally with everyone, and it appears they get penalized for allying with the few Marines chapters that they can fight with. IG will be the most popular ally to take, and yes Leman Russes are going to sell like hot cakes now haha.

Marines can field a squad of Crisis Suits or Leman Russes, and Tau can field a squad of  lychguard or assault terminators if they chooses, etc, etc. I think this is awesome balance to the game because now players can fill in the weaknesses of their codex with units from other codexes.

Ultimately this is a great business move by GW, because now you can buy a box of terminators or bloodletters (or whatever  ;) ) without having to fully invest in an entirely new army. 

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2012, 12:57:33 AM »
I like this and dislike this for multiple reasons.

-Can have fluffy armies such as Deamons and Chaos marines, Tau and guard modeled as tau militia etc

- can get power from other Codecies to fill gaps

- can write a narrative on why armies are working together.

dislikes

-certain armies should almost never have allies, IE: Tyrinids and Necrons

- Marines are usualy very very Xenophobic with the exception of a few chapters they have no reason to work with aliens

- I see cross codex abuse coming to tournaments now as stated before lets expect the sales of Leman Russ to raise.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2012, 01:24:47 AM »
I like this and dislike this for multiple reasons.

-Can have fluffy armies such as Deamons and Chaos marines, Tau and guard modeled as tau militia etc

- can get power from other Codecies to fill gaps

- can write a narrative on why armies are working together.

dislikes

-certain armies should almost never have allies, IE: Tyrinids and Necrons

- Marines are usualy very very Xenophobic with the exception of a few chapters they have no reason to work with aliens

- I see cross codex abuse coming to tournaments now as stated before lets expect the sales of Leman Russ to raise.

I agree with your likes. And I agree with your first 2 dislikes. I think IG are taking a Hit in the Mech Department though I could be wrong. Its Confirmed Vehicles going to have Hull Points. I think IG vehicles going to have stuff like 1 or 2 hull points making them rather fragile vehicles to make up for the amount you can put out. A Land Raider looks like it will have 4 and it is one of the most Heavily Armored Vehicles in the game. A Leman Russ will probably have 2 especially considering you can squadron them.

Allies are going to have a Level of Commitment this is Confirmed Its just not sure who is Bros with who yet. I think its going to be like how they did it in the Doubles Tournament list people seen floating around. Brothers in Arms are going to basically just fit right in. Examples would be Space Marines with Black Templar both are Space Marines and both fighting for the Emperor.

Allies of Convenience has been confirmed this would be like Space Marines and Eldar or Space Wolves and Dark Angels. They will fight together because they both have a greater hate for the foe but have a known History of dislike for each other.

The third is most likely an Unholy Alliance Space Marines with Necrons that in fact it has a huge disadvantage such as a Mandatory Point cost or a reduction in some stat like Leadership for the allied force.

I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

MM3791

• God
« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2012, 03:17:06 AM »
Marine xenophobia is dependent on the chapter, Ultramarines for example have fought alongside the Tau more then any other chapter. Other chapters won't fight alongside xenos no matter what. Thats also part of the fun of creating your own chapter/fluff.

As mentioned there will most likely be different "classes" of allies, and I honestly don't believe you will see any Marine players taking Necron allies in competitive tournaments because its just too risky. If anything IG or GK will be the #1 ally choice for marines, they have good units and are way more "trustworthy". 

I believe ally slots are restricted to one of each FOC, so I think this will limit abuse. Your not gonna see a Marine army with 9 crisis suits thats for damn sure lol.

Tyranids are the only race that can't take allies unless its other tyranids. It looks like if you ally with your own faction then you receive an extra slot for each FOC. "Excuse me sir, can I order 3 Hive Tyrants and 4 Carnifexes with extra butter and mayo?" Yes please haha

This is what it looks like based on rumors, past rules, GW website, and the latest White Dwarf. We will know everything for sure in 6 days. Can't wait!  8)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 03:51:20 AM by MM3791 »

tilarium

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2012, 09:26:27 AM »
Is it bad that my major complaint with the 6th ed rule book has nothing to do with the rules in it but that it's not spiral bound?  That's the main reason I file away the hard cover after I get the mini, it's just to hard to thumb through a hard cover book.  It's just hard to hold and mark pages for quick reference.  When they did the latest how to paint book in spiral form I was really hopeful that the next rulebook would be spiral too.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2012, 05:06:06 PM »
Alex Moon here is your devine opritunity to make Gabriel Angelos allied with eldar! :p

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2012, 05:09:57 PM »
Ok I can see marines allying with Xenos that can be "reasoned with" Dark Eldar Orks, Necrons and Tyrinids usualy dont wish to listen to what a company captain has to say in order for them to work together.

tilarium

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2012, 10:23:55 PM »
Has there been any word on if Apoc is going to be updated to work with 6th edition?  I've never played an apoc game but have dreams to one day play a massive Apoc battle............

Librarian

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2012, 07:47:26 AM »
we have no word as of yet but I am hopeful that with 6th the separate apocalypse books will be useless.