Author Topic: [Plainville MA] Warhammer 40k 1500pt Singles Event - 6/16  (Read 3066 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
[Plainville MA] Warhammer 40k 1500pt Singles Event - 6/16
« on: February 29, 2012, 11:44:31 PM »

Battleground Games & Hobbies - Plainville MA

Format: Singles (1v1) 1500 points per person
Date: June 16th, 2012 a Saturday
Time: Please be here no later than 10:00am.  Set up at 10:30.  Dice roll no later than 11:00am.
Entrance Fee:  $20.00 per person

Address:
25 Taunton Street
Plainville MA 02762

Find us on Google Maps

Check out our Facebook Page

Join our Mailing List

The event will be capped at 40 players. 

Please contact me at ChaseLaq@gmail.com or call the store to sign up if and only if you can commit to playing on June 16th.

Pre-registration is required.  Our events fill up fast so if you know you're going to play don't hesitate to sign up.

**This event will be the FORTH in a series of Battleground 40k Invitational Qualifier Tournaments.  The Invitational will take place in December of 2012.**

RULES FOR WARHAMMER 40K TOURNAMENT

Rule Books:
The Warhammer 40,000 Fifth Edition Rules will be used.

The following is a list of legal army choices:
Codex: Black Templars
Codex: Blood Angels
Codex: Chaos Daemons
Codex: Chaos Space Marines
Codex: Grey Knights
Codex: Dark Angels
Codex: Dark Eldar
Codex: Eldar
Codex: Imperial Guard
Codex: Necrons
Codex: Orks
Codex: Space Marines
Codex: Space Wolves
Codex: Tau Empire
Codex: Tyranids
Codex: Sister of Battle (White Dwarf)

MODELS AND POINTS:

1. Each player must bring an army consisting of 1500 points (but no fewer than 1475), in accordance with these rules...

2. All models must follow “What You See Is What You Get” (WYSIWYG). All weapons, war gear, and so forth must be represented on the model.

3. Unfortunately, Forge World Imperial Armor units (and army lists) may NOT be used in this event.  Forge world models may be used where appropriate, however.

4. We will require that each player submits an itemized army list to a Battleground Tournament Organizer on or before June 11th, 2012 (roughly a week before the event).  An Army Builder .pdf is preferred but a detailed text file (.txt) is acceptable.

Please email lists to ChaseLaq@gmail.com as soon as they are finalized.

5. If illegal units or other rules violations are found in a player’s army list, at a minimum,
the models in violation will be removed from all subsequent play. In addition, tournament points may be deducted and/or award eligibility may be forfeited. If in doubt, please ask for clarification in advance from a Battleground Tournament Organizer.

The scenarios we will be using for the event will be announced at a later date. I will be choosing scenarios from one of the larger GT events (Adepticon or NOVA) and may make very slight modifications to the wording such that it accurately describes our event.

HOW THE TOURNAMENT WORKS:

• Competitors will participate in three (3) games over the course of the day. In each game, you
will play a scenario and record the outcome of the battle on your results sheet. Each round you
will play a different opponent.  Each round will last 2 hours.

• In the first round, players will be matched up randomly. After the first round, players will be
matched up according to current rankings in the tournament (based on the number of points they've scored) e.g., the player in first place will play the player in second place and so on. We will try our best not to pair players that come to the event together in the first round. If a player receives a BYE they will be awarded the average of the winning players points for the round.

• You will not play the same person twice.

• We will do our best to prevent a player from playing on the same table twice.

• The pairings for each round will be announced as soon as they are determined. Please be sure to arrive at your table ready to play right away.

• Slow playing will NOT be tolerated.  Players are expected to complete at least 4 rounds.  If you suspect your opponent is slow playing PLEASE notify a Battleground staff member as soon as possible as we can not do anything about alleged slow play after the fact.

• Each game will be played on a 4' x 6' board.

• Players will receive Results Sheets at the beginning of each round. Each results sheet must be filled in properly to ensure that match-ups and point totals are correct. Once Results Sheets are completed they are to be turned in at the counter so the scores can be entered into the computer.

BATTLES:

The Fifth Edition Rulebook will be in use for all games and will be the definitive guide for all rules. The time limit for each game is 2 hours. At the end of this time limit, the round will be called; all players will need to finish their game immediately, and no additional time will be provided (dice down).

We will be using the INAT FAQ for this event.

What You Need to Bring with You:
-Your (hopefully painted) miniatures
-At least TWO copies of your army list
-Rulebooks are required as are any additional books you need
-Pen and paper
-Dice and templates
-Tape measure
-Something to transport your army from table to table

STORE CREDIT AWARDS WILL BE GIVEN OUT TO:
Store credit is good for any product in the store and all subsequent events.  It never expires and will be saved for you.

Best General
Second Best General
Third Best General

Fourth Best General - Only awarded if we have 32 or more players

Best Appearance - Army
(There will not be an award for the best looking single miniature for this event.)

Players Choice - The Players Choice award will go to the player that the others feel best reflects important aspects of the hobby.  Every person will score their opponents on sportsmanship, theme, rules knowledge, appearance, and overall awesomeness.  **This award will be significant.**
Smokin' Boots - You got crushed... and you deserve an award for your epic failure.

• A note on the Appearance awards - We will award the individual who we feel has the best looking army. We will use a scoring rubric that looks at painting, basing, display boards, and various other "extras" to determine the winner.

• A player may only receive one award with the exception of the Appearance award, which may be awarded to anyone, regardless of their other accolades.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 07:55:56 PM by Chase »
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

SmokinBoots

• ~Adam T
    • Email
Re: [Plainville MA] Warhammer 40k 1850pt Singles Event - 3/24
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 12:48:38 AM »
This, I am interested in.  I'm going to start drawing up lists, and call in my registration tomorrow if I think I've got any that looks like a winning number.
"And the Smokin' Boots Award for most traitorous dice goes to..."

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 09:28:37 AM »
I will be there as well.
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 10:56:55 AM »
In!

andalucien

• God
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 12:34:37 PM »
I'm there...
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

cryptoron

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 01:39:30 PM »
I'll have to take that day off of work.
"A Thunderhawk full of Necrons...WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!!!!!"

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 01:09:23 AM »
Sure, I'll be there. Someone needs to finish 22nd.

Banosby

• Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 06:53:34 PM »
I'll be there.

cryptoron

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 06:27:57 PM »
I just took the day off, sent e-mail to Chase.  I'll be there.
"A Thunderhawk full of Necrons...WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!!!!!"

tilarium

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 06:50:11 PM »
Really really tempted to be there.  I work during the early morning hours, Saturdays it's midnight until around 6 or 7 in the morning.  Sundays it's 11pm on Saturday night until no later then 7.  Off or not, I can make it, but it's going to be a close call on either side.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 09:02:43 PM »
The event is filling up nicely.  If we retain the players we've got it's going to be an interesting event for sure.  ;)
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

jawaballs

• Email
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 05:15:54 PM »
Hey folks!

I just emailed Chase, I plan on making the drive up from CT!

Alex Fennel encouraged me to come out and give it a shot. Sounds fun!

Jawaballs

Chris Dubuque

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 05:21:48 PM »
Sweet. Look forward to seeing you again Chris. Glad you are making the drive! You'll have a blast.

This is Bill Souza part of "team bastard" who you so lovingly bathed in orbital bombardments.

jawaballs

• Email
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 05:37:28 PM »
Team Bastard!  I will see if Jim wants to go!  See you there man. And sorry about the bombardments!  Chris