Author Topic: 1750 Point lists Discussion  (Read 3384 times)

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
Re: 1750 Point lists Discussion
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 05:40:31 PM »
Well, he can in theory Infiltrate with his Scouts, onto an objective.  However, it does work against his strategy of using the cover on his deployment zone.  It's not a great way of capturing objectives, but it can work.

But like you pointed out, Ben, there's not a lot of mobility either.  With the range that his units can cover though, I'm guessing he hopes that will supplement that somewhat. 
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 05:37:12 AM »
New list I put together After some play testing with the old list going to try it out see how it does.

1750 Pts - Codex: Space Marines Roster

1 Forgefather Vulkan He'stan, 190 pts (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Artificer Armour; Digital Weapons; Bolt Pistol; Gauntlet of the Forge; Spear of Vulkan; And They Shall Know No Fear; Chapter Tactics; Combat Tactics; Independent Character)
   1 Kesare's Mantle

9 Tactical Squad, 285 pts ((C:SM, pg. 59 & 134); Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol x9; Bolter x7; Meltagun; Missile Launcher; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
   1 Sergeant (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Combi-Meltagun x1; Power Fist x1; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
   1 Razorback (Unit Type: Vehicle (Tank); Transport Capacity: 6 models; Access Points: 3; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Twin-Linked Lascannon)

9 Tactical Squad, 285 pts ((C:SM, pg. 59 & 134); Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol x9; Bolter x7; Meltagun; Missile Launcher; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
   1 Sergeant (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Combi-Meltagun x1; Power Fist x1; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
   1 Razorback (Unit Type: Vehicle (Tank); Transport Capacity: 6 models; Access Points: 3; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Twin-Linked Lascannon)

2 Space Marine Bike Squad, 170 pts ((C:SM, pg. 68 & 140); Unit Type: Bikes; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Space Marine Bike; Meltagun x2; Twin-Linked Bolter; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
   1 Attack Bike (Unit Type: Bikes; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Space Marine Bike; Bolt Pistol; Multi-melta; Twin-Linked Bolter; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Tactics)
   1 Sergeant (Unit Type: Bikes; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Space Marine Bike; Combi-Meltagun; Twin-Linked Bolter; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)

2 Space Marine Bike Squad, 165 pts ((C:SM, pg. 68 & 140); Unit Type: Bikes; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Space Marine Bike; Flamer x1; Meltagun x1; Twin-Linked Bolter; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
   1 Attack Bike (Unit Type: Bikes; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Space Marine Bike; Bolt Pistol; Multi-melta; Twin-Linked Bolter; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Tactics)
   1 Sergeant (Unit Type: Bikes; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Space Marine Bike; Combi-Meltagun; Twin-Linked Bolter; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)

2 Land Speeder Squadron, 140 pts ((C:SM, pg. 74 & 139); Unit Type: Vehicle (Skimmer, Fast); Multi-melta x2; Heavy Flamer x2; Deep Strike)

1 Vindicator, 115 pts ((C:SM, pg. 80 & 143); Unit Type: Vehicle (Tank); Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Demolisher Cannon; Storm Bolter)

1 Vindicator, 115 pts ((C:SM, pg. 80 & 143); Unit Type: Vehicle (Tank); Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Demolisher Cannon; Storm Bolter)

1 Thunderfire Cannon, 100 pts ((C:SM, pg. 73 & 142); Unit Type: Artillery; Thunderfire Cannon)
   1 Techmarine Gunner ((C:SM, pg. 73 & 142); Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Artificer Armour; Bolt Pistol; Thunderfire Cannon; And They Shall Know No Fear; Blessing of the Omnissiah; Bolster Defenses; Combat Tactics; Independent Character)
      1 Servo Harness

1 Dreadnought, 185 pts ((C:SM, pg. 65 & 137); Unit Type: Vehicle (Walker); Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Extra Armor; Dreadnought CCW; Multi-melta; Heavy Flamer)
   1 Drop Pod (Unit Type: Vehicle (Open-topped); Transport Capacity: 12 models; Deathwind Missile Launcher; Drop Pod Assault; Immobile; Inertial Guidance System)
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 01:24:52 PM »
spit, thats a lot of stuff in 1750 0.0

what happened to the terminators, just not doing it for you?
Tau theme song, "jump around"

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2011, 01:37:02 PM »
what happened to the terminators, just not doing it for you?
He has no way to get them across the board, other than Deep Striking.

Pat, I'd probably take out the Deathwind Missile Launcher from the Drop Pod. That's just on principle. If you don't have anywhere else to spend the points, then it's okay.

Other than that, I'm interested to know what difference you find between taking two Land Speeders separately and taking them in a squadron.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2011, 02:18:19 PM »
The actual Reason was to fit the Second Bike Squad. Force Organization Chart only lets you take 3 Spots If I take the 2 Land Speeders Seperately I can only take One Bike Squad. Chris Had Suggested to me when I played Thursday to either Drop the bikes to Pick up a Land Raider for the Termies or Drop the Termies take another bike squad. Dropping the bike Squad wouldn't give me enough points for a land raider so I went the reverse route.

If I dropped 10 points somewhere from the original list I could put a Locator Beacon on my Drop pod though let me deep strike my Landspeeders and Termies in the back field if It stayed alive long enough but then you are at the mercy of the dice for reserves and the Landspeeders can get across the Field fast enough on their own I shouldn't need to worry about that.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2011, 06:26:38 PM »
With a Dreadnought in a Drop Pod, you may want to consider taking an Ironclad instead.  It comes with a Meltagun stock, and the Storm Bolter can still be upgraded to a Heavy Flamer.  If you drop the Deathwind ML on the Drop Pod, it'll definitely allow the points for it.

Reason why I'd take the Ironclad over the regular Dreadnought is for the extra Attack in CC.  They also come stock with Extra Armor, and have better Armor on the Front and Side.  Figure if you're going to be Drop Podding down, you're likely to be within range of any vehicle or unit of Infantry where both the Meltagun and Heavy Flamer can reach anyway.
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2011, 06:55:22 PM »
+1 Benshin's logic.

AV 13 is just so much more durable than AV 12, more than the mere 1 point difference would suggest at first glance.

I like too that you'll have the Bikers and Land Speeders mobile enough to support the Ironclad if you so choose.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2011, 07:06:09 PM »
Ya I looked at that and I agree with that decision too. The only issue with it is just budget wise for me. I can only afford atm 1 more piece and that would be either the Vindicator or the Ironclad. The 23rd I am getting my Wisdoms out so if that is Cheapest it can be I can afford to get both but I may just proxy it to try it out at first and go from there.

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2011, 07:42:12 PM »
It probably wouldn't be that difficult to convert a regular dreadnaught into an iron clad if you wanted to.
Tau theme song, "jump around"

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2011, 07:51:51 PM »
It probably wouldn't be that difficult to convert a regular dreadnaught into an iron clad if you wanted to.
Yeah, with only one Dreadnought in the list, I think it's perfectly okay to say, "That's an Ironclad Dreadnought." And just remind opponents from time to time, when they're trying to make decisions.

XceR

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 10:52:38 PM »
The land speeders take hits as a squad, correct? so if he had to distribute two pens, he would lose both speeders. Also it's possible to take bikes as a troops choice, but he would need to fit in a captain on a bike.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2011, 01:13:05 AM »
The land speeders take hits as a squad, correct? so if he had to distribute two pens, he would lose both speeders. Also it's possible to take bikes as a troops choice, but he would need to fit in a captain on a bike.

Yes but its Not Nescessarily true I would lose both landspeeder given cover saves and such. And Yes I knew about Taking bikes as Troop Choices but you need to take them as a 5 man squad to do so and I don't have enough bikes to make it worthwhile to do at this point level and since were utilizing them with Vul'Kan they will all have Twin-Linked weapons making them devastating to both Vehicles, Monstrous Creatures, and Infantry.

KestrelM1

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2012, 02:46:14 PM »
For those who are interested, this is the list I submitted for this coming Saturday:

HQ
Company Command Squad [6] w/ Colonel "Iron Hand" Straken, Medi-Pack/Laspistol, Regimental Standard/Laspistol, 2xLaspistols, Astropath - in Chimera w/ Hull Heavy Flamer (275)

Troops
Platoon Command Squad [5] w/ 3xMeltaguns - in Chimera w/ Hull Heavy Flamer (105)
Infantry Squad [9] w/ Autocannon Team - in Chimera w/ Hull Heavy Flamer (105)
Infantry Squad [9] w/ Autocannon Team - in Chimera w/ Hull Heavy Flamer (105)
Special Weapon Squad [6] w/ 3xFlamers (50)
Special Weapon Squad [6] w/ 3xFlamers (50)

Veteran Squad [10] w/ 3xMeltaguns - in Chimera w/ Hull Heavy Flamer (155)
Veteran Squad [10] w/ 3xMeltaguns - in Chimera w/ Hull Heavy Flamer (155)

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Executioner w/ Plasma Cannon Sponsons (230)
Leman Russ Executioner w/ Plasma Cannon Sponsons (230)

Fast Attack
Vendetta Gunship (130)
Vendetta Gunship (130)

Pretty strong infantry core backed by some fairly nasty fire support. Fitting Straken and the Executioners at 1750 required some fanagling, but with Necrons freshly released I was loathe to lose close-combat capability, and the Executioners have just been too good to me to leave out. I have plenty of scoring and I can do a number on tanks, though not as brutally as some of my meltagun-heavy lists. The trade-off is that I have a lot of cheap scoring units and I can erase disembarked infantry quite quickly. Honestly the only thing I'm really nervous about is other Guard, but unless they're also packing Straken I can usually grind them out with assault.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2012, 03:34:37 PM »
The thing I'm nervous about is that I made my first Daemons list with *zero* Monstrous Creatures. It did get me thinking in new directions for Daemons.

KestrelM1

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2012, 03:56:10 PM »
The thing I'm nervous about is that I made my first Daemons list with *zero* Monstrous Creatures. It did get me thinking in new directions for Daemons.

I can say honestly that I worry more about the little daemons than the big ones. The big ones just seem to die fast to Multi-lasers and such.

What did you end up going with? I can see mini-daemons working well, but I think they'd be hampered by their crummy troops. Honestly as IG I really don't fear any of the Daemon Troop selections, and I'm interested to see if you can overcome that.