Author Topic: Blood Angels 2000 points: list advice wanted  (Read 2363 times)

Henry R

• Heroic Tier Level 4
  • Rust Bucket
    • Email
Re: Blood Angels 2000 points: list advice wanted
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 09:21:10 AM »
While I see what you're saying Ben, Moosifer has an appealing point, use those extra points, and adapt the Baal to whatever happens. I'll modify my list and see what I can use those points for, If nothing useful is made available by these extra points, I'll probably use the sponsons. It really all comes down to play style, want the security of guns so you won't have to ram until the last second? go for the sponsons. Lose a gun? just ram those suckers! I don't mind either way. Thanks for the attentive help! I really appreciate it!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 09:30:36 AM by Mercury »

Tharcil

Re: Blood Angels 2000 points: list advice wanted
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 11:19:19 AM »
You right a 130 point RAMMING box.  When you have an AV 13 tank that is fast you can go 18 inches and ram say the side armor of a chimera with a strength 10 (max speed) ramming attack, or even better a strength 8 ramming attack at 12 inches.

Having or not having PoTMs is not why you buy the extra armor.  For a Baal and for all blood angels vehicles speed is your life.  If you cannot move a basic space marine can come up and whack a mole you to death.  Barring melta weapons you are looking at a backfield fast vehicle that can ram, shoot or contest objectives or table quarters.

edit:  Ben that was also me suggesting if he is desperate to spend the points on his baals, EA is a better choice than heavy bolters

;D Moosifer gets it!  EA is 15 points Heavy Bolter Sponsons are 30 points.  Huge difference. 

Extra armor is cheaper and allows for ramming and late game contesting more consistently.  With the higher armor this is worthwhile. Also, heavy bolters just don't compliment the Flamestorm well.  Heavy bolters on MEQ is not bad, but 30 points is better used elsewhere.  6 Heavy bolter shots, 2 miss, 3 wounds, 2 of which are saved; does not compliment a Flamer on 4-5 guys 3-4 of which die without a save.

The Heavy bolter does compliment the Assault cannon much better since you're creating a dakka tank.  You can focus fire on AV 10 and toughness 3 4+ saves and chew those squads to shreads.