Author Topic: Abington 40K players....do you still exist?  (Read 2366 times)

cryptoron

• Epic Tier Level 24
Abington 40K players....do you still exist?
« on: September 18, 2011, 11:17:36 PM »
So, are people playing 40K in Abington anymore?  It seems like everyone is traveling down to Plainville for 40K.  Where is everybody??????  I hope they didn't ALL start playing MTG.

What would be a good day for everyone if we were to resurrect it up in Abington, Saturday was the day.  How about sometime in the evening like starting at 5-6PM, that way people can get there from work.  Just a thought.
"A Thunderhawk full of Necrons...WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!!!!!"

Serring

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
Re: Abington 40K players....do you still exist?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 11:35:54 PM »
Last time I was there there were at least 4 I think ( varies with time of day), but most were painting or RPGing or something else. Granted I haven't been there  in a few weeks because of stuff, but it should be well. I think it is just less noticed because there isnt a thread deticated to it.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 11:37:08 PM »
I can normally game on Thursday nights.  I wouldn't mind getting a game then.  Other days are possible, just not always as constant.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 12:45:57 AM »
I can normally game on Thursday nights.  I wouldn't mind getting a game then.  Other days are possible, just not always as constant.
I hear Thursdays are a good night for 40k. :)

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 01:06:43 AM »
the only nights im around the tables are dominated by Warmachine / Hordes or its over flowing with magic players

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 01:26:25 AM »
sometimes legends have to make a stand.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 08:58:02 AM »

Sadly, I wouldn't be showing up until way after 7pm on a good weekday if I were to come down.

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 02:33:55 PM »

yeah i do that. big whoop wana fight about it?
Tiger's Den founding member

Henry R

• Heroic Tier Level 4
  • Rust Bucket
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 03:06:53 PM »

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • Egotistical Co-Conspirator
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 12:21:16 AM »
40k crowd has kinda drifted from Abington.  Alot of the regular crowd were closer to Plainville so they are prob down there more often.  We gots the Tiny Boats, Warmahordes and EDH.

However if folks post most of us are around thursdays and could be coaxed into a game.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 08:42:49 PM »
Ide love to See 40k be played more frequently. I was talking to Derrek the other night about maybe a leuge that is free to play winner gets bragging rights.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 03:45:56 PM »
Ide love to See 40k be played more frequently. I was talking to Derrek the other night about maybe a leuge that is free to play winner gets bragging rights.
I can offer my perspective on why Plainville has met with some success. It's two parts.

First, consistency, playing week in and week out. A campaign could get people in the habit of showing up at the same time.

Second, just openness, introducing people and meeting the new guy. Small effort with big dividends. A solid community falls into place around those things.

If Abington can restore the pride, I'm throwing the idea out to the people of an annual Abington vs Plainville tournament. How's that for motivation? There could be a trophy that lives with the winner and is put up every year, for the greatest prize of all... bragging rights.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 05:34:13 PM »
While trying to not sound like some defensive, whiney nerd, I'll throw this out there.

40k is a fun game.  I like it a lot.  Like a REAL lot.

40k has become an odd duck as of late, for me anyway.  With this bizarre focus on codex creep and the inability to play more than one game type per week, it has sunk to the way side of a better rules set.  I'm one of those weirdos that likes playing odd lists.  I loves me some forgeworld and those accompanying army lists.  Problem is that most people are either gearing up toward a tournament which I obviously can't revel in as much because the army I play would be illegal.

GW did a great job sucking the life out of a couple codecies and their armies.  One of them being my LatD (anyone want some mutants?) and the other being the Chaos Renegades Codex.

Maybe I'm an old fart but I don't find joy in the HURF GREY KNIGHTS or the DURF of the Space Wolves codex.  GW is doing a damn fine job of pushing people away.

All that being said, I'm still building my Carchadons.  I plan on finishing some air brushing tonight as well as building my other land speeder.  Pretty much GW needs FW to inject flavor into their armies.  Too bad there is enough fear of FW to keep people away from it.

Also, I see a lot of 'sperging with Warmachine after games, 40k as of late tends to bring out 'sperging even before it hits the table.

Seth

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 06:41:27 PM »
It has been hard for me to get down and play lately what with no car and looking for a job. but i still exists. i didn't fade out of existence. i do want to start playing more often but job takes priority atm.

those who win every battle are not really skillful- those who render others' armies helpless without fighting are the best of all.  ~Master Sun Tzu

Randl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 07:48:34 PM »
I haven't been able to bring my army down for quite a long time. I was hoping to start making regular trips again this fall.