Author Topic: New Tau?  (Read 2153 times)

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
New Tau?
« on: September 11, 2011, 11:43:36 PM »
So i know that tau are coming out soon, and i heard a rumor that they got pushed up to november and crons got pushed back. Can anyone speak to the validity of this statement? Also if anyone heres any new rumors, throw em up here!
Tau theme song, "jump around"

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
Re: New Tau?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 12:27:42 AM »
Necrons is next from everything I heard this Tau thing is kinda out of the blue and doesn't seem likely. Tau and Necron were vying for this update but Necrons have so many small details going towards them being updated. Models being discontinued no more codexes can be ordered. Otherwise nothing even has been mentioned or done to tau.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 04:40:24 AM »
The entire Necron line has been unavailable to us for months now.  They must be next.

As far as Tau goes... I can get everything except for the stupid Broadside (which everyone wants).
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 06:00:58 AM »
I KNOW!!! but you said they will be available in a couple of weeks right? (just a little panicky) 
Tau theme song, "jump around"

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 09:52:07 AM »
If I remember correctly the rumor is they are late this quarter or sometime next quarter.

I'm waiting for this as well its about time they get done over. Though the necron's do deserve it more they are only on there first true codex (besides the original WD codex). I'm happy either way I play both armies.
"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 11:01:02 AM »
Most things I've heard suggest, Necrons, then Chaos Legions, Then 6th Ed.  Then eldar/tau

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 01:10:01 PM »
As time goes on, I dislike the stupid changes GW has made to "previews".

It really drives me nuts.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 01:15:52 PM »
I KNOW!!! but you said they will be available in a couple of weeks right? (just a little panicky) 

I will know only when they show up.

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Shinobi Tactics: Your daily dose of Ninja goodness.
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 09:34:58 PM »
The Rumor from a (so far) reliable source that I've heard:
Necron Third quarter this year. So we should be hearing something before the end of the month for Necron. (and then probably a string of releases in quarter 4, like what happened with dark eldar)
Tau Quarter 4 of this year (So we'll probably see something like a week or two before christmas).
Craftworld Eldar quarter 1 of next year (so keep your ears perked at the end of march)

But that's all tentative. And there has been speculation that they may break it to do a Marine Chapter in between.
Good men hear the call; Great men answer.

Seth

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 12:14:54 AM »
hopefully they do tau and necrons and then the new edition and then eldar so the eldar don't get boned again when the new edition comes out.
those who win every battle are not really skillful- those who render others' armies helpless without fighting are the best of all.  ~Master Sun Tzu

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 12:17:09 AM »
The Rumor from a (so far) reliable source that I've heard:
Necron Third quarter this year. So we should be hearing something before the end of the month for Necron. (and then probably a string of releases in quarter 4, like what happened with dark eldar)
Tau Quarter 4 of this year (So we'll probably see something like a week or two before christmas).
Craftworld Eldar quarter 1 of next year (so keep your ears perked at the end of march)

But that's all tentative. And there has been speculation that they may break it to do a Marine Chapter in between.

I would love for this to come true.

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Shinobi Tactics: Your daily dose of Ninja goodness.
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 04:50:06 PM »
Trust me, I would love to see this as well. Particularly if a few of the rumors about what we're going to see with Tau/Eldar actually come true. But I don't want to get anyones hopes up.

What I will say is the Rumor list I got this all off of was posted last january, and accurately predicted each major 40k release so far (though Necron and Grey Knights were switched in their release order, and the whole sisters of battle thing was fuzzy). So provided nothing has changed I would look to hear something around the 24th about Necron.

As far as next edition for 40k goes, I heard a (tentative) new edition after craftworld Eldar, but they were aware of previous problems with updating codex's around the same time as a new edition and were attempting to plan for it. whether it's true or not, who knows. So cross your fingers.
Good men hear the call; Great men answer.

Dissimulation

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 09:11:50 PM »
Time for my tau jumpy phase

Seth

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 12:02:37 AM »
As long as they take into account as to what they plan to change it would be fine.
those who win every battle are not really skillful- those who render others' armies helpless without fighting are the best of all.  ~Master Sun Tzu

MM3791

• God
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 08:32:13 PM »
Most things I've heard suggest, Necrons, then Chaos Legions, Then 6th Ed.  Then eldar/tau

Not likely, every new edition release is followed by the release of a new marine codex. Tau will either be before the new edition or after the next vanilla marine dex(not in between). Current rumors on the new Tau dex look very exciting tho ;)

Eldar on the other hand are at least 2 years away, one of the devs (Jes I think) even hinted that they wanted to give craftworld players enough time to get jealous of new Dark Eldar dex and eventually cave in and buy them. Then when the craftworld finally gets an update it will tempt the DE players to convert back to craftworld. Worked for me, DE have a really good dex haha