Author Topic: The Vogen League comes to Plainville - September 22nd - October 27th  (Read 2782 times)

tilarium

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
Re: The Vogen League comes to Plainville - September 22nd - October 27th
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 02:48:42 AM »
Wonder... can we work some apoc into this so he can use his daemon?  And I can use my baneblade and banesword....

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 02:54:29 AM »
the deamon i want to use is bad news bears.

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 11:28:28 AM »
Chase, the one addendum I would add is that there be a cap on the number of games played.

I.E.   If someone hold a territory that is bordered by many other territories.  I didn't see anything to say that a player in each territory next to it couldn't try to take it in the same week.  In other words forcing the defending player to play MANY games in one week.   

I had this happen to me in a mighty empires league for fantasy, where I had to play NINE games in one week or forfeit any game I didn't play.

If only one person is allowed to assault a territory at once, disregard this message.

Wes

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 12:32:35 PM »
sounds interesting, its a pity I can't arrive that early.

edit: tomb stalkers seem so much more fluffy in the city, they might actually be effective which would be awsome.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 12:57:14 PM by WesCron »

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 01:49:35 PM »
Chase, the one addendum I would add is that there be a cap on the number of games played.

I.E.   If someone hold a territory that is bordered by many other territories.  I didn't see anything to say that a player in each territory next to it couldn't try to take it in the same week.  In other words forcing the defending player to play MANY games in one week.   

I had this happen to me in a mighty empires league for fantasy, where I had to play NINE games in one week or forfeit any game I didn't play.

If only one person is allowed to assault a territory at once, disregard this message.

There was something in there to prevent that....  I think it has to do with turn order and the fact that once someone has invaded a territory, no one else can.  Let me try to find it...

IV. If two pins of different colors are in the same map square after placement, you must play a game of 40K with the owner of the other pin. The loser removes his pin altogether, the winner claims that square by leaving his in place. If there are already two pins of different colors in a square, you may not move into it (no three- or four-player games)

I guess it could be a lot more clear.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 01:52:32 PM »
sounds interesting, its a pity I can't arrive that early.

There's a bunch of things in place to handle people that can't be there on league night or at 6:30pm... I just haven't posted them yet.  :)

Torvald

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 04:45:11 PM »
:(

Any other night of the week and I would be in.

Please let me know if the night changes.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2011, 04:51:08 PM »
The night will not change.  That much is basically a guarantee.  :(

Sorry, Vance.

Chris

• Heroic Tier Level 7
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2011, 05:31:37 PM »
Is there a city of death book in the Plainville store for reference throughout the campaign?
We do not stop playing because we get old. We get old when we stop playing.  -Benjamin Franklin

When you come to the end and you can't go any farther, you've got to go over the wall. Gotta see what's there.  -Gary Gygax

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2011, 06:19:02 PM »
There's one on the shelf, but remember, it's not required.

Chris

• Heroic Tier Level 7
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2011, 07:02:05 PM »
A couple of the locations say to use city of death scenarios.
We do not stop playing because we get old. We get old when we stop playing.  -Benjamin Franklin

When you come to the end and you can't go any farther, you've got to go over the wall. Gotta see what's there.  -Gary Gygax

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2011, 07:05:22 PM »
Yeah, but chase said that those are optional.
Tau theme song, "jump around"

tilarium

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2011, 11:59:38 PM »

I think a better idea should be that only one game be fought per territory.  If 2 other people are going to attack you then all 3 of you should have to fight for it at the same time.  Winner take all.

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2011, 12:14:13 AM »
I dont know if we do or do not want this, but this will lead to ganging up on each other an alliances.
Tau theme song, "jump around"

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2011, 09:15:58 PM »
I think a better idea should be that only one game be fought per territory.  If 2 other people are going to attack you then all 3 of you should have to fight for it at the same time.  Winner take all.

See here:

IV. If two pins of different colors are in the same map square after placement, you must play a game of 40K with the owner of the other pin. The loser removes his pin altogether, the winner claims that square by leaving his in place. If there are already two pins of different colors in a square, you may not move into it (no three- or four-player games)