Author Topic: 500 Points about 500 Points (Lists, Touraments & Rules, oh my!)  (Read 66875 times)

Serring

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
Re: 500 Points about 500 Points (Lists, Touraments & Rules, oh my!)
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2011, 08:27:18 PM »
I actually go to the same school as canadianone. Its the first day and I already have an essay due tomorrow and with 3 APs and after school stuff, no painting will be done for a long time to come.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2011, 08:29:11 PM »
Can people do me a favor and come up with the most expensive 500 point lists, by GW retail? Just round-about numbers, doesn't need to be fancy.

These numbers would help determine what sort of grand prize is possible.

I posted up earlier a Daemon list that exceeded $200.

Necrons top out at $85. Draigo/Paladin bomb, $72.50. :)

I expect IG and Orks to break this idea.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2011, 08:36:28 PM »
15$ for a Painted Army 20$ for an Unpainted Army Entry Fee.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Serring

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2011, 08:38:43 PM »
Command Squad 25
2 Platoon Command Squads 25*2
6 Infantry Squads 25*6
2 Scout Sentinals w/ missle launchers 30*2
Totals: 500pts and $285

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2011, 09:00:06 PM »
well school is weekdays,
you have mention of the weekend.

Dissimulation

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2011, 09:05:13 PM »
I'm just lazy and I don't want to do it.
Time for my tau jumpy phase

tilarium

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2011, 09:23:26 PM »
I like the differant price for painted and unpainted.. but what about partial painted?  So I just built a 496 point Inquisitor army.  Could be interesting to do, mostly cause I can built it up without having to buy anything.  And best of all, not a single Grey Knight to be seen anywhere!

Korika

• "More fightin less dyin ya Gitz!"
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2011, 09:26:13 PM »
Command Squad 25
6 Infantry Squads 25*6

this is basically 2 battleforces, $230, rather than $285, add on the command squad for $25

Also, different prices for Painted and not Painted is the stupidest idea I have ever heard.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 09:31:29 PM by Korika »

Serring

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2011, 09:30:55 PM »
Marching band, lots of homework, practice instraments, battlegrounds, relaxing, .................
stuff tends to add up. Battlegrounds is one of the few places I can relax and have fun playing 40k so I dont paint there. Also, add in fact that Im lazy when it comes to painting anyway.

Command Squad 25
6 Infantry Squads 25*6

this is basically 2 battleforces, $230, rather than $285, add on the command squad for $25
Wow, I missed that one, thanks! ;D

Dissimulation

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2011, 09:35:25 PM »
Also, I mean seriously. it's a 500 point game. Do we really want to make it More rigid than a normal tournament? If you take 500 points seriously then it's just broken and not fun. This is why i think there should be a lower entry fee than normal tournaments (sorry chase :P).

Wasn't that the point of this anyway? to suit the needs of the casual player?

Bromeo

• Email
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2011, 09:43:20 PM »
I think it's seriously fucking stupid to have a requirement on the 500pt tournament, for the main reason that it's a casual 500pt tournament. Seriously, if I wanted to show off my artistic prowess and be king of the Paint scene, I'd do it.

You really wanna know why though I don't paint? It's because it's makes my army already MORE expensive than it currently is, it makes it more of a time consumer than it already is, and TBQH, I have many more important things to be worried about than painting my models for a 500pt "casual" 40k tourney.

Also, I mean seriously. it's a 500 point game. Do we really want to make it More rigid than a normal tournament? If you take 500 points seriously then it's just broken and not fun. This is why i think there should be a lower entry fee than normal tournaments (sorry chase :P).

Wasn't that the point of this anyway? to suit the needs of the casual player?

I agree with Kevin on this one. If we don't have the large tournaments Painted Only(Which I mind considerably less than a 500pt painted only, to the point where it's totally understandable), then why make this paint only?

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2011, 09:47:11 PM »
while i would prefer we just make a painting award, i would be open to the idea of painted armies getting a reduced entry fee, the only problem with that is it would mean that the prize support would be smaller. Though i agree with bromeo, i was under the impression that this was to be more of a fun casual tournament, though i could be mistaken.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 09:49:05 PM by canadianone »
Tau theme song, "jump around"

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2011, 10:52:05 PM »
The different prices for painted and unpainted were a joke it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. As for is this for casual people. It doesnt matter if its casual or pro you get a prize involved and someone is going to bring their A-Game to take it home no matter what smashing on casual players. I don't agree with having a requirement on stuff painted I would encourage it like Chase does every time with the tournament saying Hopefully Painted Army. I think 500 Points would be Ideal in the aspect of a Painting Tournament anyways small enough for people to participate while devoting the time and effort to make it look good.

As for tournament this thread was originally just centered on the idea of how would one work a 500 point tournament. Chase had said in another thread were not having a 40k tourney soon and most likely the next one was looking to be doubles in something like oct/nov.

As for Entry fees that is something Battlegrounds decides on especially considering they pretty much close down the bulk of the store for a tournament bring on people to work that day as well as Buy Illegal Soda for Plainville and give really nice prizes away not just you know The Tactical winners, But Best Painted, Best Sportsmanship, Best Theme, and the Smoking Boots Awards.

I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2011, 10:59:02 PM »
I think the point is that Ben said that if we did the planning, GB would be on board for this tournament, and maybe guys, some of us could offer to get there earlier to help set stuff up, im sure that would make chase more open to the idea of us having this tourney.
Tau theme song, "jump around"

Dissimulation

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2011, 11:10:06 PM »
I wouldn't trust myself setting up the terrain