Author Topic: 500 Points about 500 Points (Lists, Touraments & Rules, oh my!)  (Read 66791 times)

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
Re: 500 Points about 500 Points (Lists, Touraments & Rules, oh my!)
« Reply #270 on: October 28, 2011, 06:35:28 PM »
Yes, well, maybe we'll just have to try it out and see.   ;D

The other list I'm considering is basically all some variation of 20 GK with psycannons and an Inquisitor, probably with Daemonblade.  (cuz that seems fun, and might actually have a meaningful effect at a small point level)

Kinda wished I lived/worked near you guys, none of the Ard Boyz folks really seem interested in trying out any 500 pts lists. 

SO, Ben, are you going to be the T.O. for this event?  Are you playing yourself?

I kinda really want to run Farsight.  'Course, his rules specifically say he may only played in games of 1500 pts or more (yeah, like taking him would be worse than say, Draigo).  Any interest in letting me break that rule and bring farsight?

How about Forge World?   I have the Shas'o R'ymr model, that could be fun. 

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #271 on: October 28, 2011, 07:48:05 PM »
The Battleground staff will be TO'ing the event.  Ben (and co.) took the idea, ran with it, designed the tournament, prize pay out, scenarios, and playtested them.  Many of them will be playing.

Expect the event to be run like a typical Battleground event, only with 5 different 45 minute rounds, and a "Win - Loss" system vs. a "Battle Points" system.

Sam Pearson will be the referee.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #272 on: October 28, 2011, 07:51:42 PM »
Ok, then, can I run farsight, despite it not being 1500 pts?

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #273 on: October 28, 2011, 08:46:39 PM »
>.> No. The real winners at this event are the ones who have 2 wheels on their models :P.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #274 on: October 28, 2011, 09:18:12 PM »
Ok, then, can I run farsight, despite it not being 1500 pts?

Unfortunately, no.  Players will be bound by all the normal rules governing the game with the exception of the rules mentioned in the event post.  

Army lists must be 500 points or lower and you're bound by that, for better or for worse.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 10:25:29 PM by Chase »

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #275 on: October 28, 2011, 11:00:59 PM »
I communicate quite a bit. Side effect, sometimes it presents the illusion like I'm somehow in charge of something.  :D

I am playing (and only playing), showing up to push models around and soak up the entire spectacle.

It should also be noted that paint/model judging will be handled also by BG-selected personnel.

I also want to note, the whole strategy and planning discussions, what should work and what shouldn't... it's pretty awesome. I like conversations with facts proving different points, and I like those conversations to happen as this one has, without the immature crap the Internet is known for. It can't last forever, but I am enjoying the moment.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #276 on: October 29, 2011, 11:15:36 AM »
Well, I'm still kinda torn between the all infantry GK list (which is also much better painted, since I did my Tau like damn, maybe 8 years ago?) and the Tau Hammerhead based list.

I think the GK would be probably all deepstrike, forgo transports all together, use the fact that 24" can cover a small board to my advatage.  Kinda a fragile list, in a way, since GK are so expensive, but huge Dakka, and should be able to deal pretty well with all things that come it's way.  Also, I kinda want to try the daemonblade, and this seems like the place, but of course the Inquisitor can't DS.

On the other hand, we have a dual Hammerhand list with some supporting troops ans a Shas'El.  Seems kinda unbeatable, actually, with a notable vulnerablility to deep struck meltas.  (no, I still don't fear that chimera list)  I also wonder if it can get flooded by somethign like Orks, but I don't think so. 

I haven't played my Tau in like 2 years, though, at least. 

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
« Reply #277 on: October 29, 2011, 04:13:49 PM »
deep striking meltas (cough fusion guns) eh? nope none of those here... just us owls ;)
Tau theme song, "jump around"

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
« Reply #278 on: October 29, 2011, 06:23:45 PM »
well, just submitted my list, no going back now. at least this way i wont be up at 2 in the morning of the tourney furiously painting models because i decided to change my list again.
Tau theme song, "jump around"

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #279 on: October 29, 2011, 06:34:28 PM »
And it won't be checked until the middle of next week, so we won't even be telling you if somethings wrong until then!  ;)

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #280 on: November 01, 2011, 03:39:41 AM »
Well, I just submitted my list. I figured I'll share. Why not? You can probably beat this. I'm just hoping not to mishap.

Chaos Daemons

HQ

Lord of Change (Instrument of Chaos, Master of Sorcery, We Are Legion) [305]

Troops

Pink Horrors x4 & Changeling (Bolt of Tzeentch) [100]
Pink Horrors x5 (Bolt of Tzeentch) [95]

Total 500

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #281 on: November 01, 2011, 11:35:53 AM »
So.....a shooty daemon list, very interesting. 

In my Tau list, I would fear the Bolts against side armor on the Hammerheads a good bit. 

If I failed the ld check against the changleing with a Hammerhead, that would be very, very bad, but it's also somewhat unlikely. 

BTW, is this Ben with the Salamander's, dragon on the side painted by his wife, or a different Ben, btw?

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #282 on: November 01, 2011, 11:54:47 AM »
No this is not Ben Mohile.

So, in a shooty deamon list you would fear the shooting?  Insightful.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #283 on: November 01, 2011, 12:05:18 PM »
Ummm, more that he would be able to get the Bolts pretty easily on my side armor, and possibly to be within 12" (to get inside the disruption pod). 

KestrelM1

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #284 on: November 01, 2011, 01:48:47 PM »
Turns out I might be able to make it to this thing after all! I guess now that my list is public, y'all have no excuses for losing to it :P

I'd just like to say that I'll be very disappointed if nobody packs Mephiston into their list, as I lost a lot of sleep worrying how to deal with him. A good portion of the lists discussed here will just fold to him with barely even a fight, let alone his supporting Marines.