Author Topic: Looking for clarification on Orbital Bombardment  (Read 1374 times)

ZupaChuffin

• Email
Looking for clarification on Orbital Bombardment
« on: July 12, 2011, 12:09:06 PM »
Hey I recently picked yup a marneus calgar. I read the ruls on orbital bombardment but was unsure of which template to use and what ordinance barrage means. Hope somone can help me out. thanks.

Serring

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
Re: Looking for clarification on Orbital Bombardment
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 12:19:16 PM »
As far as I know you cannot move and shoot it, it is a large blast, and ordinance barrage is in the rulebook if I am not mistaken.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 01:36:00 PM »
Ahhh Orbital Bombardment A Joyous friend in a time of blowing up stuff. They Did FAQ that it Includes Large Blast Template but in the rule book it says any Ordnance uses the Large Blast Template unless otherwise stated in the weapon. Barrage has Pinning Special Rule and you don't need LOS to a target but it always scatters full 2d6 when an arrow is rolled on a Scatter die which always happens for Orbital Bombardment anyways.

Relentless does not let you move then fire Orbital Bombardment because Orbital Bombardment is Neither a Rapid-Fire Weapon or Heavy Weapon. Just put that in there for future reference :P.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 05:00:29 PM »
GW pretty much has this covered between the rulebooks and FAQs.

Everything you need to know...

40k rulebook
Ordnance weapons, p. 29
Blast, p. 30
Barrage weapons, p. 32
Ordinance Barrage weapons, p. 58
Ordinance weapons and Armor Penetration, p. 60

Space Marines codex
Orbital Bombardment, p. 52

Space Marine Codex ERRATA, page 1
Page 52 and 144 – Chapter Master, Orbital Bombardment
Add “Large Blast” to the Type of the Orbital Bombardment.

It's a lot to know for a one-shot weapon, but it's a pretty big shot!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 10:30:35 PM by Benjamin »

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 02:54:24 AM »
since that calgar is in terminator armor, he can fire it even if he moves (or is that only for heavy weapons? i may be wrong, it's been awhile)

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 10:13:56 AM »
since that calgar is in terminator armor, he can fire it even if he moves (or is that only for heavy weapons? i may be wrong, it's been awhile)

At first, I thought this was true too.  However, if you read Orbital Bombardment, it actually says that the Chapter Master cannot move at all if using it the same turn.  So yeah, regardless if the Chapter Master is in Terminator Armor, he still can't move and use it the same turn.  Kinda lame, IMO, but eh...  It is what it is.
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 06:26:52 PM »
remember that counts for any unit he may inadvertantly join or is in as well. Since if one member moves the whole squad counts as moving, so be carefull when moving squads near him when you want to use it.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 04:32:08 AM »
That is an Interesting thought Lyko and I believe you are correct in the thinking process there moving a unit within 2 inches of him he has joined that unit and therefore the unit has moved which means he has moved not allowing you to use orbital bombardment.

And to Clarify Units wearing Terminatour Armour or on a Space Marine Bike are treated as if they had the Special Rule "Relentless".

Relentless States that a Model is counted in the shooting phase as if he has not moved when firing Heavy and Rapid-Fire weapons and may assault normally after having fired them.

Orbital Bombardment is Considered Ordnance so Relentless does not work with it.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 04:35:26 AM by Loranus »
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com