Author Topic: Looking for a patient player to play this weekend (July 2nd or 3rd)  (Read 940 times)

Bruce Willis

• Email
Hi, I (as you may know) am relatively new to this game, and tabletop miniature war games in general. I have gotten familiar with most of the rules as well as the rolling of dice, measuring for movement and shooting, and the other little standard mechanics of the game.
My army is Blood Angels and have around 2000 points (that's something I need to work on calculating). I have a Landraider, 2 Razorbacks, a Predator and a dreadnought for vehicles and walkers and various "on-foot" troops as well as Mephiston (my HQ). I don't really have all the things I need or want yet for my ideal list, but, I can do well with what I have. I have played about 3-4 games of around 1500-1700 points (they didn't go so well). [But] anyway, I basically would like a patient player to help me get familiar with the game as well as get some experience under my belt.
Contact me on this thread or PM me about times, points, and what army you play.

Thanks,
Henry
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 08:04:30 PM by Bruce Willis »
"if all else fails: duck. As a defensive stratagem it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a moment or two."
-Lord Corvis of Petrax

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
Re: Looking for a patient player to play this weekend (July 2nd or 3rd)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 12:50:24 AM »
Any Thursday! Call me out in front of everyone, challenge my honor and brand me a yellow chicken if I back down.

Seriously though, I like helping new players with whatever they need. I like slowing games down and thinking everything out. And I'm comfortable with any points level. This weekend may be unlikely, but this is one exact reason why I push for Thursday 40k.

Bruce Willis

• Email
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 09:15:06 AM »
Ok, great! Thanks. :D
"if all else fails: duck. As a defensive stratagem it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a moment or two."
-Lord Corvis of Petrax

Sekacnap

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 10:07:37 AM »
Two of my friends and I are playing at the plainville store on sunday, a fourth would be welcome so we can have a team game. I'm very new to the game as well and this will actually be my first game with my army (chaos daemons) so you can expect us to be pretty patient. I can only manage about 1250 points though so we might be using that army size. The two friends I'm playing with play Black Templars and Nids. So if you're there sunday and you see Daemons, BT and Nids, come look for me, my name's Justin, we should be able to work something out :)

Also Ben, I still need to watch you play your daemons and steal errr i mean learn some strategies. I think I saw you a couple thursdays ago but I hate interrupting games so I didn't say anything haha.

Bruce Willis

• Email
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 12:53:25 PM »
Ok, cool. I MAY hit up the shop.
-Lord Corvis of Petrax

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 02:53:47 PM »
Also Ben, I still need to watch you play your daemons and steal errr i mean learn some strategies. I think I saw you a couple thursdays ago but I hate interrupting games so I didn't say anything haha.
Well, I appreciate your consideration. Next time you see me, or think you see me, introduce yourself! If I wanted a chess match of peace and quiet, I wouldn't push for Thursday 40k. :P

Alley Livingston

• Heroic Tier Level 7
  • Silence is golden but duck tape is silver.
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 03:41:13 AM »
I'm at the Abington store most Saturdays from around noon to 10pm and can field 1500 points of spacewolves comfortably and 2k if I push it a bit. My name's Alley and you should be able to pick me out pretty easily :P I'm definitely patient when I need to be and I'm not 100% new but I'm still learning as well. Let me know if you wanna game.
So I win right?
You're not even playing.
So I'm winning?
Yes Alley, you're winning.

Henry R

• Heroic Tier Level 4
  • Rust Bucket
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 06:31:34 PM »
Thanks, but I won't be able to make it to Abington.

Alley Livingston

• Heroic Tier Level 7
  • Silence is golden but duck tape is silver.
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 07:03:10 PM »
No worries man just thought I'd offer.
So I win right?
You're not even playing.
So I'm winning?
Yes Alley, you're winning.