Author Topic: megabattle issues discussion thread  (Read 2496 times)

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Shinobi Tactics: Your daily dose of Ninja goodness.
    • Email
Re: megabattle issues discussion thread
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 01:01:16 PM »
I know Erik had them, but they were in bunkers on the very back edge of our table. If they had 48 inches, then it was only one or two of them. Actually yeah, I think there were two mounted on the front of some IG tanks at the head of the pack. So yes, you may be right that a few lascannons benefited from it (but at most they did 1 void shield worth of damage, hooray). But ultimately it was focus firing that brought down Paul's titan, not the precision strike.
Good men hear the call; Great men answer.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2011, 01:13:39 PM »
In the shared tech game, I did the filthiest things I could think of with Fateweaver, Towers of Tzeentch, Ork boyz, and daemonic icons.

In the end, The towers fell to D weapons, killing the green tide. Fateweaver killed some terminators and refused to die because of a Chaos Altar. My icons were only useful one turn when I got Obliterators behind guard lines.

We did all of the dirtiest tricks possible and the game was very close and no one walked away feeling bad. Well, except me. My Towers never hit anything. Frown.
beep bop boop

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 01:16:43 PM »
I know attendance issues prevented the original plan from being implemented, but I had hoped for multiple tables.

During the game itself, better explanation of table-wide/team-wide assets on both sides would have been nice, because I didn't memorize all of them before I showed up.

My contribution into the bitching pool. :)

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 01:50:42 PM »
i don't know about you guys but i like chicken

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 02:08:36 PM »
I know attendance issues prevented the original plan from being implemented, but I had hoped for multiple tables.

Ben, I'm on board with you. I think multiple tables makes everything a million times easier, even though I understand the decision this year.
beep bop boop

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 02:21:04 PM »
I got some ideas but I will have to kick my dosage of Pantoprazole up to 4 tablets a day if I'm going to add into this conversation.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 03:38:58 PM »
Ben, I'm on board with you. I think multiple tables makes everything a million times easier, even though I understand the decision this year.
Exactly. Yet, it's not a knock on how everything turned out. The 48" x 6" table was an impressive sight, not only in sheer size, but in its environmental grades, from the winter mountain top to the mountain base to the city to the plains to the marshland.

My personal issue was by playing Daemons, I ran around and around and around that huge table all day. I wish I thought of a Marathon award, for the person who ran around more than anyone else. In the future, I'm sure more players will take Flank Marching and the like.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2011, 04:18:31 PM »
Its also the primary contributor to goofy shit. 20 people working to do something goofy is way easier than like 10.
beep bop boop

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2011, 08:08:13 PM »
Yes, definitely. Even the routine stuff became a long, long list of order of operations. Example: Instead of everyone shooting at once, players on a side would get in line. Upside: Clear tactical benefit. Downside: The time spent waiting could have been spent playing a 4th turn.