Author Topic: Megabattle score  (Read 6922 times)

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
Re: Megabattle score
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2011, 03:45:47 PM »
Pro tip:  Giant titans en masse seemed to not work out very well.  Troops on the ground, in Valks, Vendettas, Stormravens, Thunderhawks, and on the opponents table edge appear very effective.

Fortunately, disorder can't take most of those and can't flank march nearly as easily.

Disorder can figure it out.  Not being able to take them isn't what lost us the game.

Not cramming terminators into stormlords while on the fly convincing organizers to disallow datasheets without real evidence didn't either.

Logan007

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2011, 04:03:29 PM »

one of our players also technically cheated.

Must've missed that part. Care to explain?

Sure -- it's this:

As for terminators, not sure that 7 counts as “cramming”.

We're not allowed to put units from one codex into a transport belonging to another codex.

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2011, 05:03:48 PM »
Yes 50 points of dkok confused me on how they could select a model to drill up under and not mishap is all.

Played with a big robot, done it don't think I will do it again.

They have magnets inside.

HOW DO THEY WORK?
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • Egotistical Co-Conspirator
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2011, 06:31:27 PM »
Yes 50 points of dkok confused me on how they could select a model to drill up under and not mishap is all.

Played with a big robot, done it don't think I will do it again.

They have magnets inside.

HOW DO THEY WORK?

FINE!!!!!!!

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2011, 06:37:41 PM »

Sure -- it's this:

We're not allowed to put units from one codex into a transport belonging to another codex.

Sure -- it's this:

Really? I never would have thought of that. Superheavies are just that thing you use, and it's not the first time it's been done. I got the idea from Epidemus in said plague tower.

Well I do apologize, and I'm seriously gob smacked over that. Stupid bloody way to look at it, but if that's the way it's meant to be fair enough. I understand the complaint. I had thought you were just screwing around....

So apparently peer reviews of lists failed too.

Damn that's annoying. Yeah I get others are annoyed too, but I really .. never mind. Sorry 'bout that.

Alan
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2011, 08:28:23 PM »
Well... a stormlord is an Imperial Guard superheavy, so it's an available transport to Imperial Guard.  You couldn't take it if you were playing Space Marines straight.  You could, I suppose, but it would be an Imperial Guard vehicle for the mixing armies rule.

The Plague Tower is a Chaos super-heavy (specifically Nurgle), and Epidemius is a Chaos character (also, Nurgle).  So it would make sense that you could transport him - just as you could transport Commissar Yarrick in the Stormlord.

I'm sure not everybody played straight by the rules on either side, on this scale it's expected that rules would be overlooked - purposefully or not.  But the mixing armies rules was shoved down our throats multiple times - it's something good to remember.

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2011, 09:02:41 PM »
The Plague Tower is a Chaos super-heavy (specifically Nurgle), and Epidemius is a Chaos character (also, Nurgle).  So it would make sense that you could transport him - just as you could transport Commissar Yarrick in the Stormlord.

Actuaully he plague tower is chaos space marines, Epidemus is daemon no?
So it would also be wrong here.

Oh well, now I'm kinda bummed.

Now what to do with my cool storm lord a repaint and hope for plastic Ogryns maybe....
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2011, 09:54:56 PM »
Epidemus is daemon no?

He is?  Hmm... something to look into.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2011, 10:44:55 PM »
Epidemius is listed in the Chaos Daemons codex.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2011, 11:26:55 PM »
Before the gears turn in that direction, the only time Epidemius was inside a plague tower was during the test megabattle where we wanted to mix technologies.  I can say that with certainty because I am one of two people who own a plaguetower.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2011, 11:33:31 PM »
... the test megabattle where we wanted to mix technologies. 
*head asplode*

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Shinobi Tactics: Your daily dose of Ninja goodness.
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2011, 11:46:58 PM »
It's ok Alan, there were misunderstandings on both sides. It was an honest oversight and now you know about it. It wasn't as though it was malicious, considering most of us play apocalypse rules (at most)a few times a year it's understandable that there will be a few mistakes.
Good men hear the call; Great men answer.

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2011, 04:13:04 PM »
WOW . . . i am so angry now this has ruined the event for me. now i see a unlikely return 

THANKS!

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2011, 04:44:06 PM »
That's alright were starting a pokemon megabattle in July, start catching!
Tiger's Den founding member

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2011, 04:54:17 PM »
considering most of us play apocalypse rules (at most)a few times a year

I'd like to fix that part.
Seeing the massed armies reminded me Apocalypes doesn't happen enough. Aside from the smack talking ;) that's gotta be one of my favorite things about the hobby. Playing with the cool big toys...

Wonder what it'd take to get an apocalypse "Campaign" going...

Cheers,