Author Topic: Megabattle score  (Read 6912 times)

Spooky

• Heroic Tier Level 3
Re: Megabattle score
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2011, 07:47:58 AM »
As always, I had a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone for an awesome day, thanks to my table captain for including me in the planning, coordinating things well, and being a good leader (you essentially handed me that Bring It Down!, so thanks and kudos for that as well), and thanks to my opponents for being friendly, reasonable, and fun to play against (please don't shoot at me so much next time! ;) ). I wish I didn't live so far away from Abington.

If there's anything I could have done better or differently to make your game more enjoyable, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll keep it in mind for next year.

Ed: Sorry I forgot to call in about that tank. I've been in the process of moving and it slipped my mind. I'll call it in today.

KingElthur

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • The Gate Stormers
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2011, 08:31:23 AM »
Any Megabattle participants who would like to contribute their thoughts or opinions for inclusion in The Gate Stormers, send me an email to drew@thegatestormers.com with Megabattle in the subject line.

Logan007

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2011, 09:00:51 AM »

If you want to make note of good plays and fun things, cool.  If you want to brag you won, cool, you deserve it.  If you want to shit talk people or complain about things, grow up.

In conclusion,

U mad bro? 

QTF

I spend one day on the road and come to see all this drama. Sure, Team Order may have won, but one of our players also technically cheated. It's not something I'm really going to be bragging about.

Although we tried to play our best, it's not a tournament -- my best memories are valiantly charging Chris Brett's guard only to be orbital bombarded the next turn from seemingly endless "On My Coordinates!"

Also, getting Rick James to 'sperg within the first minute of team Order's first movement phase.

Spooky

• Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2011, 09:38:10 AM »
Blowing up the big Titan was a good memory for me (followed by doing NOTHING to the Stompa I then fired on?!?!). Then taking nearly all the fire from the Emperor, the two Reavers and those horrible little Dark Eldar for two turns. If that fire had gone elsewhere I think it would have done a lot more damage than just my 3000 points, and it felt badass to weather that storm.

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2011, 10:14:59 AM »
Also, getting Rick James to 'sperg within the first minute of team Order's first movement phase.

:D  :D  :D  :D
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Shinobi Tactics: Your daily dose of Ninja goodness.
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2011, 10:59:29 AM »
There's a lot that could be said about the megabattle, but I think it's really better to focus on the positive. The game was interesting, Nick actually got to use his emperor titan (and us across the table did our best to bring it down), and for the most part people were polite and did their best to focus on a fun game.

Mistakes are obviously going to be made, and yeah I'm sure there were oversights (I saw a few myself) but that comes with the territory of a huge game like this. Personally, I thought it was a lot of fun and would definitely go again.

Thanks to everyone for an awesome day, thanks to my table captain for including me in the planning, coordinating things well, and being a good leader

Thanks for being a good player ;D I had a lot of fun being a sector commander, and I'd definitely be happy to have largely the same group of people next time around. Looking forward to next year already.
Good men hear the call; Great men answer.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2011, 01:00:25 PM »

OMG OMG OMG WHO DID IT
beep bop boop

Logan007

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2011, 01:04:37 PM »

OMG OMG OMG WHO DID IT

Death Korps of Krieg Siege Drill coming up from underground to destroy a Disruptor Beacon (they didn't roll high enough to disruptor it) and Drive Damage the Emperor Titan.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2011, 01:10:05 PM »
50 points made Rick freak out. I love it.
beep bop boop

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2011, 01:30:45 PM »
Blowing up the big Titan was a good memory for me (followed by doing NOTHING to the Stompa I then fired on?!?!). Then taking nearly all the fire from the Emperor, the two Reavers and those horrible little Dark Eldar for two turns. If that fire had gone elsewhere I think it would have done a lot more damage than just my 3000 points, and it felt badass to weather that storm.

That sequence of events was pretty awesome.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • Egotistical Co-Conspirator
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2011, 01:47:32 PM »
Yes 50 points of dkok confused me on how they could select a model to drill up under and not mishap is all.

Played with a big robot, done it don't think I will do it again.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2011, 01:55:55 PM »
Yes 50 points of dkok confused me on how they could select a model to drill up under and not mishap is all.

They have magnets inside.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2011, 02:41:50 PM »
I am very lost on what we did to cheat. Was it Alan's Storm Lord with terminators in it?

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2011, 03:07:29 PM »

It was a very cool looking robot though..
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2011, 03:10:37 PM »

one of our players also technically cheated.

Must've missed that part. Care to explain?

But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)