Author Topic: Megabattle score  (Read 6939 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Megabattle score
« on: June 05, 2011, 02:02:34 AM »
So after 3 rounds and 9 hours of play, the Order side emerged victorious over Disorder with a score of 21 to 5.

Bragging rights for the year = Order.

Pro tip:  Giant titans en masse seemed to not work out very well.  Troops on the ground, in Valks, Vendettas, Stormravens, Thunderhawks, and on the opponents table edge appear very effective.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Re: Megabattle score
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 02:13:32 AM »
Finally, proof of what I've been saying for years.
beep bop boop

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 02:46:17 AM »
p.s. told you chase ;D

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 12:19:22 PM »
This is all Paul's fault.
Tiger's Den founding member

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 02:34:54 PM »
Can't blame Daemons or Necrons. Winter table rules! :P

That score means Ron picked up more than half of our team's points. Well deserving of Best Disorder General.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 02:39:18 PM by Benjamin »

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 04:38:42 PM »
Can't blame Daemons or Necrons. Winter table rules! :P

That score means Ron picked up more than half of our team's points. Well deserving of Best Disorder General.

Good job Ron!

But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

cryptoron

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 05:23:16 PM »
I actually only think I picked up two.  I'm not sure that holding the objective for first turn got us a victory point. Though I have to say My robots might have been stubbornly holding it, we did get a lot of help from the Demons (thanks you warp spawned dudes).  You kept Murph's wolf-riders off me long enough to matter.  But thanks for the consideration on the award!
"A Thunderhawk full of Necrons...WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!!!!!"

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 05:56:56 PM »
Parking a Battle Company of Marines on a vital objective seems useful how ever you dont see much action

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 06:45:45 PM »
I actually only think I picked up two.  I'm not sure that holding the objective for first turn got us a victory point. Though I have to say My robots might have been stubbornly holding it, we did get a lot of help from the Demons (thanks you warp spawned dudes).  You kept Murph's wolf-riders off me long enough to matter.  But thanks for the consideration on the award!

being the only  2 armys i play deamons and necrons i knew that i had to be a tarpit for you it felt right and try to make the push across the table, but as i looked to my left i saw that you had made the push across the table with your wraiths (an amazing show). you and rich being the only ones who made it across the table.

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 07:34:16 PM »

Pro tip:  Giant titans en masse seemed to not work out very well.  Troops on the ground, in Valks, Vendettas, Stormravens, Thunderhawks, and on the opponents table edge appear very effective.

That depends on your definition of "working well".  Infantry should always be the ones to claim objective, etc. and this edition has marked that GW agrees.  When I think working well for myself, I think not losing much and doing massive amounts of damage.  For Nick and myself, our mass of titans did very well.
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

Bgpopapmp

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 08:18:26 PM »

The Deathwing and Ravenwing did try to remove the Souless Xenos from their objective, but the Nightbringer proved to be too much for them to overcome.
"Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."
-Ashe, Army of Darkness

Opforce3

• God
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 09:05:23 PM »
Cool game bro.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Doin' what I can with what I got."
-Burt Gummer

6/4/11 NEVER FORGET

Opforce3

• God
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 09:06:25 PM »
[/quote]

Fortunately, disorder can't take most of those and can't flank march nearly as easily.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Doin' what I can with what I got."
-Burt Gummer

6/4/11 NEVER FORGET

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 09:15:49 PM »
Pro tip:  Giant titans en masse seemed to not work out very well.  Troops on the ground, in Valks, Vendettas, Stormravens, Thunderhawks, and on the opponents table edge appear very effective.

Fortunately, disorder can't take most of those and can't flank march nearly as easily.

Disorder can figure it out.  Not being able to take them isn't what lost us the game.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 09:22:46 PM by Rob S »
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 09:20:45 PM »
The two Disruptor Beacons covering the city screwed support by Daemon badly, but then they forced the Daemons to be elsewhere in a spot where they actually helped. Lemons, lemonade.

And yes, lots of Daemons died because of Thunderwolf cavalry, putting themselves between metal robots and screaming Vikings.