Author Topic: [Plainville MA] Battleground 40k Doubles Event - April 9th  (Read 7871 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: [Plainville MA] Battleground 40k Doubles Event - April 9th
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2011, 01:42:07 AM »
Some posts were removed due to language.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2011, 04:05:31 AM »
By when do lists need to be submitted?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2011, 04:17:01 AM »
I would like to have them by April 3rd.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

NGazerro

• Heroic Tier Level 3
  • "We ain't making no goddamn cornflakes here."
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2011, 10:22:22 AM »
I would like to have them by April 3rd.

Did u get mine by any chance?
"We ain't making no goddamn cornflakes here."

Destroys Hunter-Killers

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2011, 09:14:59 PM »
I have a concern about the multi tracker on infantry
essentially it should allow the use of markerlight and main weapon combined but specific rules in the codex say the use of "BATTLE SUITE WEAPONS" and they are neither battle suit weapon what is the ruling on this?

and if this rule is invalid than it make taking it on everything but crisis suits would be useless
Is there some sort of errata?
A man always has two reasons for doing anything: a good reason and the real reason.

Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2011, 11:31:39 PM »
The INAT FAQ/Errata the tournament will be using has something on Page 93.
Q: Does a Multi-tracker allow a model to fire two weapons that aren't 'battlesuit weapons'?

A: Yes, a model with Multi-tracker is allowed to fire two ranged weapons instead of the normal one. [rules change]
Does that answer your question?

Destroys Hunter-Killers

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2011, 11:47:41 PM »
BOO YEAH!!!!..... thank you!
A man always has two reasons for doing anything: a good reason and the real reason.

Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.

cryptoron

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2011, 02:31:33 PM »
My partner had to bow out for the tournament.  Is there another Necron player looking for a partner?
"A Thunderhawk full of Necrons...WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!!!!!"

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2011, 03:02:48 PM »
My partner had to bow out for the tournament.  Is there another Necron player looking for a partner?
Last I knew, WesCron was still looking for a partner.

BTW, eliminating Phase Out is a great tournament rule! Kudos.

Wes

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2011, 04:24:11 PM »
I am still looking for a partner, pm me if you need one. Or email me, although that won't get you too far....

( and for reference I have everything but immortals, flayed ones, tomb spyders, and wraiths )

A rules question, the way wbb works it says " Must be in 6 inches of another model of the same type, although not necessarily of the of the same sqaud " INAT defines like model as infantry, jetbike, etc. Now, Since it does not say friendly or allied unit, nor does it say not an enemy. May one argue that player A on may use Player B's warriors as a unit within 6 inches?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 04:34:56 PM by WesCron »

cryptoron

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2011, 05:42:54 PM »
I'd say no, because in the instance that say a whole squad of warriors is wiped out, but it was 6" from another squad of warriors, the models of the wiped squad join the second squad if they make their wbb rolls.  If it was between two allied armies, then if my squad is wiped out then any models that come back would join yours.  I'm not sure that would be kosher.

as for what you have, I was working with another Necron player with very specific requirements.  I'll send you a message with them to see if your still willing to go through with it.
"A Thunderhawk full of Necrons...WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!!!!!"

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2011, 05:53:48 PM »
A rules question, the way wbb works it says " Must be in 6 inches of another model of the same type, although not necessarily of the of the same sqaud " INAT defines like model as infantry, jetbike, etc. Now, Since it does not say friendly or allied unit, nor does it say not an enemy. May one argue that player A on may use Player B's warriors as a unit within 6 inches?

Oh, the two camps of 40k. One says, "The rules don't say I can." The other says, "The rules don't say I can't!"

Neither the Necron FAQ/Errata nor INAT seems to address this specifically. The implication of WBB seems to be that it is meant for your own army... but it's not explicitly written as such. Thanks to the rules-cheese that Wes points out, if this were allowed, Warriors could roll WBB rolls for being in proximity to any infantry, friend or enemy. Crazy!

Probably too crazy... My best guess, I think this argument is negated by further reading of WBB and an application of Rule 4, "Teams are not integrated."

My interpretation hinges on the use of "coherency" in the last paragraph of WBB.

After WBB rolls, "the repaired Necron will immediately be placed in coherency with the closest unit of the same type." Technically, the repaired Necron can only be in coherency with a unit from its own army. "Once joined with the unit..." Because of Rule 4, the repaired Necron could not join your teammates unit. If the nearest unit it could join is in assault, the repaired Necron could join, but only if he's able to maintain coherency with that unit.

Thoughts? Holes in logic?

Funny hole in the rules, though!

P.S. If you guys somehow fall short of what you need for your Necron armies, I'd be happy to lend you what I have, if what I have is what you want... if that makes sense.

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2011, 10:04:51 AM »
The point is moot as your armies are not integrated, and not considered friendly for rule purposes.  You certainly don't get WBB based on enemy model location.

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2011, 12:20:35 PM »
The answer is no. You have to be within 6" of something in your list.
Tiger's Den founding member

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2011, 12:38:07 PM »
Keith is correct here per the rules Chase has stated your ally for all inteisive purposes is a completely seperate army and therefor does not benefit from any army specific rules.  EVEN if those rules arethe same for both of the armies.
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing