Author Topic: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Tuesday 40k  (Read 316965 times)

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
Re: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Thursday 40k
« Reply #1800 on: February 22, 2013, 01:51:12 AM »
5 games tonight, a crowd of regulars, playing all manner of things. Once everyone paired up, I was the odd man out. So I got to talk with Sam regarding an upcoming project of coolness, word.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #1801 on: February 22, 2013, 02:46:56 AM »
Nice to meet you Shawn. I don't know if you made it to Thursday 40k tonight if you did glad you can come. A lot of us are still learning 6th edition and have no problem playing with you and sharing what we know. As the title suggests Thursday is the big day to come down to Plainville and play some 40k get some pointers and roll some dice. Usually starts up around 6 p.m. and lasts until we get kicked out.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #1802 on: February 22, 2013, 03:57:52 AM »
5 games tonight, a crowd of regulars, playing all manner of things. Once everyone paired up, I was the odd man out. So I got to talk with Sam regarding an upcoming project of coolness, word.

I hope this means what I hope this means.

Wait, what?
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #1803 on: February 22, 2013, 04:24:38 AM »
I hope this means what I hope this means.

Wait, what?
If it means what I think you think it means, it means we have a means toward something worth thinking about.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #1804 on: February 22, 2013, 04:55:55 AM »
Perfect.

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • We are an ocean of rage. We are the Lamenters.
    • Email
« Reply #1805 on: February 22, 2013, 10:06:25 AM »
Spilllllllllllllll.....    :o
Too busy being AWESOME to listen to your whining.

Name: Brad Powers
Club Affiliation: BRAD CLUB
Where I play: Yes

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #1806 on: February 28, 2013, 05:00:46 AM »
Who's playing who?!

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #1807 on: February 28, 2013, 07:40:48 AM »
Chase, that's a good question!

I'm expecting some number of new players greater than zero. I imagine too the regular crowd of regulars will be there.

Business as usual, which means business as awesome.

Dan Bunker

« Reply #1808 on: February 28, 2013, 08:13:55 AM »
anyone looking for an 1850 game tonight? i have a tournament this week end and need a practice game

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #1809 on: March 01, 2013, 01:44:53 AM »
Dan, you have scared everyone away with your NOVA Invitational worthy prowess! :) Actually, we're still suffering from a bit of post-Templecon fatigue, so the competitive gentlemen have been too long absent.

There were four tables tonight.

Two guys were apparently the guys who won the Doubles in Abington. Huh! I wish I made the time for proper introductions.

I ran a brief demo for a new player, familiar with Fantasy, and the unique question of "How do they move without the trays?" :)

A doubles game of Orks & IG vs Grey Knights & Lamenters.

Two other guys I had never seen before, didn't see what they were playing and I'm not sure if they talked to anyone... I'm not even sure they existed. That's what I get for pulling overtime all week.

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #1810 on: March 01, 2013, 10:49:51 AM »
Dan, you have scared everyone away with your NOVA Invitational worthy prowess! :) Actually, we're still suffering from a bit of post-Templecon fatigue, so the competitive gentlemen have been too long absent.

There were four tables tonight.

Two guys were apparently the guys who won the Doubles in Abington. Huh! I wish I made the time for proper introductions.

I ran a brief demo for a new player, familiar with Fantasy, and the unique question of "How do they move without the trays?" :)

A doubles game of Orks & IG vs Grey Knights & Lamenters.

Two other guys I had never seen before, didn't see what they were playing and I'm not sure if they talked to anyone... I'm not even sure they existed. That's what I get for pulling overtime all week.

Yep the lamenters still managed to pull off a victory even though the Grey Knight player had to leave. Too many drop pods not enough turns. But I am getting better with the looted wagons. One of them only scored a weapon destroyed on itself instead of blowing up.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #1811 on: March 02, 2013, 02:28:53 PM »
I'd like to thank Ben for the 40k demonstration Thursday, I'm hoping to break in my dark angels next thursday. I can field a 500 or 1000 point army if anyone wants to beat up on a noob this week.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #1812 on: March 02, 2013, 04:02:06 PM »
Shawn, glad you enjoyed it! You'll pick up 40k quickly. Keep building and painting!

Thefallen

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #1813 on: March 02, 2013, 08:04:34 PM »
I'm putting together an army for the tournament coming up. is anyone up for a practice game this Thursday? 1850.

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #1814 on: March 04, 2013, 12:43:32 AM »
I should be there this Thursday. I'm up for playing the new people or if anyone wants any practice against an ork infantry horde for the tournament.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.