Author Topic: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Tuesday 40k  (Read 316995 times)

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • We are an ocean of rage. We are the Lamenters.
    • Email
Re: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Thursday 40k
« Reply #1755 on: January 18, 2013, 01:26:23 AM »
I played against someone with guard, whose name I can't for the life of me remember who left a veteran on the table, and packed up and left before I noticed the model left on the table.  If this was you, the model is being held behind the counter!
Too busy being AWESOME to listen to your whining.

Name: Brad Powers
Club Affiliation: BRAD CLUB
Where I play: Yes

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #1756 on: January 18, 2013, 05:30:28 AM »
The 40k gang needed two extra tables tonight. The Warmachine people needed to set up a third.

Good mix tonight too, lots of games all over the place and lots of players trying out the new Dark Angels book with a notable degree of positive feedback.

So awesome.  I love winter minis night and minis players.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

MM3791

• God
« Reply #1757 on: January 18, 2013, 10:57:18 AM »
How to I upload pictures here? Is that even possible?

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #1758 on: January 18, 2013, 11:13:32 AM »
How to I upload pictures here? Is that even possible?

i dont think you can upload them here, but you can upload them to a free site like picassa or similar and imbed the code for them here

Tharcil

« Reply #1759 on: January 18, 2013, 12:01:49 PM »
Got in my first Dark Angels game last night.  It was kind of a mess, with me figuring out how I was supposed to use many of the models a turn after I should have made a move/shoot/whatever.  Still a lot of fun to play with Guard Allies.  We had lots of discussion about building competitive lists and most agree dedicated Raven or Death wing lists are going to be fun, but not competitive, mostly due to point costs and low model counts.  Luckily there are plenty of options in this book or with allies to help with this.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #1760 on: January 18, 2013, 12:56:07 PM »
Got in my first Dark Angels game last night.  It was kind of a mess, with me figuring out how I was supposed to use many of the models a turn after I should have made a move/shoot/whatever.  Still a lot of fun to play with Guard Allies.  We had lots of discussion about building competitive lists and most agree dedicated Raven or Death wing lists are going to be fun, but not competitive, mostly due to point costs and low model counts.  Luckily there are plenty of options in this book or with allies to help with this.

Good to hear man, its always cool to hear someone's first experience playing a particular army.

Last night was my first time playing Daemons. I played with mostly Khorne units(with the expection of 1 squad of Seekers and 1 squad of Horrors) and it was faar easier to assault snipers then to shoot them all game through a 2+ cover save. I also plan on expanding into other units for a more diversified force.

Wild Card

• Wild Card Hobbies
    • Email
« Reply #1761 on: January 18, 2013, 06:37:33 PM »
I played against someone with guard, whose name I can't for the life of me remember who left a veteran on the table, and packed up and left before I noticed the model left on the table.  If this was you, the model is being held behind the counter!

Thanks for the heads up and keeping an eye out for me, Brad! I'll pick that guy up on Saturday.
Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Chaos.

http://wildcardhobbies.blogspot.com/

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #1762 on: January 19, 2013, 03:39:43 AM »
I use tinypic dot com for uploading pictures. I also make sure the pictures are formatted to message board size. Nothing more annoying than the fools with 3600x2400 res pics.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #1763 on: January 19, 2013, 04:08:52 AM »
http://picturepush.com/upa

Super easy, impossible to screw up, no account or info required.  Upload and go.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Email
« Reply #1764 on: January 20, 2013, 03:26:42 AM »
Alright, I'm getting thus sucka started early!  Yaaaay nighttime. 

I'll be there Thursday, and I'm down for whatever you wanna throw at my Lamenters.  Mike, you have first dibs.  I'll probably be there early, as I'm pseudo unemployed, working in Needham for my alma mater, so I'll head down when I get sleepy and/or bored.  Maybe around 2-3ish, so if you want an early game, lemme know that too.

-your local friendly giant, bringing all the drop pods since last week

MM3791

• God
« Reply #1765 on: January 20, 2013, 11:48:06 AM »
Alright, I'm getting thus sucka started early!  Yaaaay nighttime. 

I'll be there Thursday, and I'm down for whatever you wanna throw at my Lamenters.  Mike, you have first dibs.

Now, when you say mike first dibs are you referring to me? Because I would still plan on fielding the endless legions of Khorne Lol

Khorne flakes.. mmmm

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Email
« Reply #1766 on: January 20, 2013, 08:42:03 PM »
Ah, wrong Mike  ;D  I was referring to Mike the Ork player who mentioned interest in playing a game. 

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #1767 on: January 24, 2013, 10:58:40 PM »
It was a quiet night tonight, 3-4 tables, no real aim, all the regulars taking it easy after lots of events and planning for events. Good night for me to mentally refresh before I take on the next series of challenges. Thursday 40k soldiers on!

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #1768 on: January 27, 2013, 05:58:43 PM »
I'll be there Thursday with 2k of IG/GK looking for some last minute Templecon practice.

In addition if anyone is looking for some Templecon practice earlier on Thursday or another day this week hit me up, i've got the whole week off.

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #1769 on: January 29, 2013, 10:02:16 AM »
I'll be there Thursday with 2k of IG/GK looking for some last minute Templecon practice.

In addition if anyone is looking for some Templecon practice earlier on Thursday or another day this week hit me up, i've got the whole week off.

Jason,

I can play you on Thursday.  I think I can be there earlier than the usual 7pm, just need to check with my wife tonight and figure out what to do with my daughters.  I am looking forward to see how my Ravenwing works with the new codex.
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth