Author Topic: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Tuesday 40k  (Read 317029 times)

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
Re: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Thursday 40k
« Reply #495 on: August 17, 2011, 09:56:21 PM »
basically around 6, i think 500 point games are going to be the flavor of the night, but im sure you will be able to find a game.
Tau theme song, "jump around"

Dissimulation

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #496 on: August 17, 2011, 10:01:10 PM »
I've got a couple of 1850 lists I'd like to try out.  How early do people get there on thursdays?

I have to drive a pretty far distance so i usually show up around 1. If you are there at noon-ish i'll play an 1850 point game before the 500 point madness occurs.
Time for my tau jumpy phase

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #497 on: August 17, 2011, 10:15:36 PM »
Ron, I'll check with the non-forum players, see if they'll entertain 1850.

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #498 on: August 17, 2011, 10:35:33 PM »
i want to play 1850

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #499 on: August 17, 2011, 10:43:14 PM »
I've been mulling over 500-point mini-battle logistics, and I think this sounds good. It's not set in stone, but I believe the simpler, the better. I haven't run this by anyone yet, so please comment.

Each player brings a legal 500 point force that adheres to the Force Organization Chart. Please write a legible list.

We will draw for teams at 7 PM.

There will be two teams competing. Teams will be chosen randomly. In the event of an odd player, the short team will be able to field an extra but separate 500 point list.

Table size will be based on the number of players. Table size will increase 1' on the long-edge section for each player. Four people, 4x4'. Eight people, 4x8'. etc.

Length: 5 turns.

Deployment: Pitched Battle

Mission: Objectives, equaling the the number of players divided by half, rounding down. 4 players, 2 objectives. 10 players, 5 objectives. 13 players, 6 objectives. etc.

Matt doesn't know this yet, but he'll be placing the objectives. :)

Thought, suggestions, concerns?

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
    • Email
« Reply #500 on: August 17, 2011, 10:52:13 PM »
Sounds like gravey! It willbe interesting, because as the armies are all small, we wont see any real death stars, mostly just small skirmishing units.

cryptoron

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #501 on: August 17, 2011, 11:17:47 PM »
I'll bring a 500 point list too. I should be there around 5:30 ish
"A Thunderhawk full of Necrons...WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!!!!!"

tilarium

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
« Reply #502 on: August 17, 2011, 11:38:49 PM »
YAY!  I moved back to RI afew months ago and been looking for somewhere new to play.  Probably won't make it tomorrow night, but going to try and get up next week!

Question, what's everyones feeling on playing against unpainted or partially painted?  Most of my models are painted but not everything.  Oh, I'm a guard player  :D

Dissimulation

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #503 on: August 17, 2011, 11:46:23 PM »
Nobody cares whether or not your army is painted. However, there may be a couple of shellshock victims from 'ard boys that may not appreciate fighting another guard army XD.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #504 on: August 17, 2011, 11:48:37 PM »
I have an almost completely unpainted Army Til I dont think many people have problems with it I myself am still choosing a Style and Chapter for my Space Marines. As for the set up I think that will work out Fine Ben that is What I was proposing for as an Idea except for we Need a Prize. I KNOW :O FREE HUGS FROM CHASE!!!!
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
    • Email
« Reply #505 on: August 17, 2011, 11:55:04 PM »
Pat, personally, after ard boyz, i ma ready for some nice casual games without prizes. But i do think we should all give chase hugs and fondle his hair  ;D

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #506 on: August 17, 2011, 11:56:48 PM »
Ard Boyz is stupid as I know the most likely outcome is going to be the same as MTG. Ban Imperial Guard just like they Banned Jace the Mindsculptor.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
    • Email
« Reply #507 on: August 18, 2011, 12:01:23 AM »
you can beat guard, you just need to think and be careful, and have some luck. But yes, i do find their damage out put to point ration a tad bit silly.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #508 on: August 18, 2011, 12:14:47 AM »
Tilarium, welcome. As you can tell, we all need more practice against Imperial Guard! Whenever you can make it, don't be shy.

To Ard Boyz, Willem knows if I hadn't rolled like a dead dog with Fateweaver, he would have had his hands full with my Daemons. But I didn't. There's a reason my tournament pattern has become win-lose-close match, and it's almost entirely with the Daemon codex. The IG codex can be powerful, but it can also be stopped. Don't let one Ard Boyz result convince anyone it's the top codex. Still, had I the money and time for another army, there's a good chance it would be IG. I like their potential.

Have I talked enough about IG? Good. Now what about the 500 point thing? Sound good? The prize is bragging rights. Time to get our machismo on.

Dissimulation

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #509 on: August 18, 2011, 12:35:38 AM »
Yeah I'd definitely play in that. Also, I'm pretty sure i can vouch for 2 other people at least.