Author Topic: The Blood Angels Vindicator  (Read 3897 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: The Blood Angels Vindicator
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2010, 07:44:43 AM »
It's closed.

If you take the time to sit down and read the all of the entries in the book the answer is there.  RAW say that weapons called "Ordnance" use the large blast marker unless it specifies otherwise.  Couple this with the fact that there is no such thing as "Ordnance Blast" in the rules anywhere and it becomes even more clear.

There are two types of ordnance weapons in 40k, they are referred to as:

Ordnance - which fires a large blast marker unless it specifies otherwise (ex: the IG Tank Hunter and the Valk Hellstrike Missile) and...

Ordnance Barrage - which does whatever the hell it does.

I could get into this whole long thing about the writer of the SM and BA codex, how he literally just copy and pasted the Vindicator entry, how the fact that Ordnance implies a large blast marker, how GW's mistake was adding in the "Large Blast" thing to some entries and not others, How it's (it is) redundant and only confuses the issue, how GW writes some shitty rules, how easy it is for people to twist or attempt to twist things, how the entry on page 58 should have simply left out the word "blast" in the first place, and how it can be read one of two ways which just adds to confusion... "[ordnance blast] weapons" which don't having a heading in the rules or "ordnance [blast weapons]", but it's (it is) 6:40am, I've got to be at the store in a couple hours to run Ard Boyz Semis, and I've had ~2 hours sleep.

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2010, 11:15:41 AM »
Ok this is cool I'm gonna make my vendetta a valkyrie cause I was told its a single shot also like this gun

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2010, 11:44:26 AM »
If you're speaking about the Valks missile it has errata that specifies it's a single shot Ordnance weapon.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2010, 12:06:33 PM »
Thank you Chase for spending the time to write it all out.

Anyway, I'm closing this.  I simply wanted to point out the response from Games Workshop.  Stay thirsty, my friends.
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion