Author Topic: The Blood Angels Vindicator  (Read 3898 times)

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
Re: The Blood Angels Vindicator
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 06:51:10 PM »
Dave,

I don't think giving a blast to BA marines is at all bad, its like you said they have a majority of the same equipment that the regular marines get.  But, before you go and say that they are not over powered you might want to hold your tongue.  Just because you can't pwn with the army does not mean that they are not bringing some cheese.  Ex, A librarian dreadnought with a psychic hood and a force weapon? Why? Also Access to deep striking tanks? Fast moving vehicles that are slow and cumbersome for other armies? Assault marines with a 2+ save? You have a Predator as a fast attack choice?

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 08:16:31 PM »
Dave,

I don't think giving a blast to BA marines is at all bad, its like you said they have a majority of the same equipment that the regular marines get.  But, before you go and say that they are not over powered you might want to hold your tongue.  Just because you can't pwn with the army does not mean that they are not bringing some cheese.  Ex, A librarian dreadnought with a psychic hood and a force weapon? Why? Also Access to deep striking tanks? Fast moving vehicles that are slow and cumbersome for other armies? Assault marines with a 2+ save? You have a Predator as a fast attack choice?

Kevin is a smart one, listen to him.  Your army is cheesy, but I'd much rather fight it the way it should be (even in a tournament setting), than the way people are trying to make it.

That said, if any of you field it against me in a tournament, no matter the TO's ruling, I'll let you use the blast. :)
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 08:39:37 PM »
Would also help if you get actual marines instead of Skaven to represent your models ;)

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • Egotistical Co-Conspirator
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 08:41:00 PM »
Blast, which means teh small template not the large blast correct?

Small blast makes much more sense...

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 08:59:57 PM »
I agree with Rob, I wouldn't argue a large blast vindicator.  I would also gladly face this army any day of the week, vindicator or no vindicator.

I firmly believe the most lethal forces can be lead astray by the most inept of generals.......

No offense. ;)

skavengear

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 10:41:42 PM »
Would also help if you get actual marines instead of Skaven to represent your models ;)

shh those are snipers scouts

i dont see why a librarian dreadnought is bad ass, it hasnt won me nothing special.

the most pondering thing to me is why its so "cheesey" that we get different slots for our stuff. im not saying it doesnt fit together well and all but i dont see where it makes a difference.

by the way my assault marines have a 3+ save... unless you mean the sanguinary guard, its because they cost 225 points minimum and dont have invulnerable saves and is 5 models no more or less. they seemed cool to me too since dante coul make them scoring but alot of people said they suck

besides im not a bad general, im learning  ;)

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 11:06:37 PM »
yes they aren't worth it and dante isn't worth it

skavengear

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2010, 12:11:48 AM »
lets not go that far, dante is real good, he takes a wound, ws, attack, and initiative off an independant character, makes people strike him at ws 1, surgical strikes, and has good wargear which actually costs alot more when you add it up (infernus is 15, the axe is like 25, jump pack is 25, death mask is 5, etc...) and the guard isnt great as an elite but if you have dante, theyre a very strong troop choice. yes, its = 500 points to have 6 good models to do so, but hey, life is 500 points ;D

plus you run mechanised stuff so you have a different perspective  ;)

Serring

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 12:17:05 AM »
It basically comes done to how you use the stuff on how good they are. Some people use things different ways and are better using certian models than others.

skavengear

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2010, 12:22:10 AM »
i think ill just buy them. they seem really nifty as scoring units, plus death masks almost* make up for the no invulnerable save, besides name me a sm troop choice with a valid invulnerable save?

* the death masks in no way are as good as invulnerable saves unless you manage to make your opponent roll horrible, in which case it is still only a 5+ to hit and X+ to wound.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2010, 12:24:26 AM »
The models look totally badass.  That's reason enough to buy them.

They even look badass in the ever-so-popular "sprue grey" color scheme.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

skavengear

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2010, 01:02:14 AM »

my favorite color!  :o

i take it chase likes all blood thirsty angels

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2010, 01:54:55 AM »

my favorite color!  :o

i take it chase likes all blood thirsty angels

Chase likes anything that gets bought. ;)
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

skavengear

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2010, 03:01:57 AM »

Chase likes anything that gets bought. ;)
[/quote]

so why does he like the sanguinary guard who has had <= one sale? if he liked sales, hed just give me them for $1.00  ;D

Opforce3

• God
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2010, 05:44:04 AM »
I just want to make sure that the argument over the vindicator's cannon is closed, because it was kind of garbage to begin with. Gw-guy used common sense to solve a rules dispute. If they do it, why shouldn't we...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Doin' what I can with what I got."
-Burt Gummer

6/4/11 NEVER FORGET