Author Topic: The Black Corpses Chapter  (Read 1996 times)

skavengear

The Black Corpses Chapter
« on: May 09, 2010, 08:20:55 PM »
Ive decided since i dont like any of the blood angel chapters available id make my own: The Black Corpses

Theyd basically be the successors of the flesh tearers:
their focus is on honoring the death company and actually embracing the red thirst, their Chapter Master is Mephiston, Lord of Death (several years later obviously) who is researching how he was able to overcome the black rage and teaches his battle brothers to embrace their emotion and channel it into immense raw power.

the paint scheme is basically death company's painting scheme as shown in the codex except even non death co are black with white shoulder pads and marks/xs instead of death co.'s red. (the color red is an honor earned by those of death co who spill their share of blood in the name of the emperor).

so is this an acceptable chapter gang?

NGazerro

• Heroic Tier Level 3
  • "We ain't making no goddamn cornflakes here."
    • Email
Re: The Black Corpses Chapter
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 12:41:06 AM »
Im actually thinking about it and it seems like Imperial Guard wouldnt be a good starting set... I am now considering Necrons because they dont have a million things to choose from and for what they have they are versatile.
"We ain't making no goddamn cornflakes here."

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 02:26:20 AM »
Dave, you can obviously do what you'd like but if it were me I don't think I would paint my "Blood Angels" black and white.

To me, it's sort of like painting Space Marines orange or something and then trying to tell people that they are really Ultra Marines...  or even painting up neon-green Marines and telling your opponent that they're Space Wolves.

Just an opinion. /shrug
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
  • Bob Butler, former Abington guy
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 04:25:04 AM »
Dave, you can obviously do what you'd like but if it were me I don't think I would paint my "Blood Angels" black and white.

To me, it's sort of like painting Space Marines orange or something and then trying to tell people that they are really Ultra Marines...  or even painting up neon-green Marines and telling your opponent that they're Space Wolves.

Just an opinion. /shrug

Successor chapters often have color schemes quite distinct from their predecessor chapter.  I wouldn't be upset by a variant color scheme from the story line point of view so long as your various units can be identified fairly easily by an opponent.

Logan007

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 08:51:23 AM »
I don't think (fluff-wise at lease) any marine would ever leave their chapter. You might want to rename Mephistron.

skavengear

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 09:07:18 AM »
well, that is true chase but there actually is more black than red in most blood angel chapters, since theyre called "blood angels" because they drink blood to get their gene seed, not because they are colored red.  plus i wasnt going far off other chapters with color scheme just a mix of my two fav chapters black templar and blood angels, and hey, who is to say a templat couldnt somehow get red thirst?

mephiston i am in the works of renaming for my chapter

as far as necrons, they are nice, however, the less choices for models available DOES NOT mean it will be cheaper on the wallet. those few choices may be because you need to buy 10 of those kits to represent your army list.

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 12:26:22 PM »
If I had to do it all again with my marines (dark angels), I would have made mine own chapter, with my own color scheme.

Generally there is no problem in the competitive aspect of the hobby with people using there own chapter to represent a codex chapter, in fact most people build there own to be able to play them as Blood angels one day, Dark Angel's the next, etc.

My only suggestion would be to make it absolutly clear with your model's what you are representing. I.E. Death company look distinct and easy to spot as death company.
"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 12:30:25 PM »
I don't think (fluff-wise at lease) any marine would ever leave their chapter.

Unless you were playing Chaos Marines...  :P
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

skavengear

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 02:59:24 PM »

technically he didnt leave the over all chapter he simply moves around (as many special characters do amongst the inner chapters such as astorath who spans the entire blood angels to behead death co members)

Logan007

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 03:50:48 PM »

technically he didnt leave the over all chapter he simply moves around (as many special characters do amongst the inner chapters such as astorath who spans the entire blood angels to behead death co members)

Astoroth roams the galaxy beheading death company members. That doesn't mean he necessarily fights alongside those chapters.

Also, while primogenitor chapters definitely have a lot of influence on their successor chapters, that doesn't mean they can actually order them around or take command of whole forces.

skavengear

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 04:24:51 PM »
it is clearly stated in the new codex that astorath fights amongst any chapter that has succumbed to the black rage. so how is it far from the imagination that mephiston (or someone under similar circumstances perhaps) would make a successor chapter? i mean i could of course say that they are a force within the actual blood angels in which astorath and mephiston (the two hq choices i always choose) colaborate together to try and "cure" the flaw?

i mean plenty of people have made chapters with much less background and odder color schemes (i actually saw pink and green) and black and white is not a far stretch at all

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 05:00:27 PM »
My only advise about black and white, is try not to make them look to much like the Black templar
"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

skavengear

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 06:06:52 PM »
nope they wont be too similar ::)

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2010, 12:02:33 AM »

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 12:27:17 AM »
Fear the Strawberry Shortcake Marines!

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/153378.page

You mean a lash list!
No, I mean Loyalist!

Nah, it's just the other L word- lame.

Lame because it's lazy and very flavor of the month.  To each his own and all that but doesn't mean I have to like it.