Author Topic: an odd question in general  (Read 1673 times)

skavengear

an odd question in general
« on: April 28, 2010, 11:02:56 AM »
reading over the rules for special weapons, if i have a power fist and a power weapon, when do i hit in combat at the model's init or the 1 init? or would i hit with the power weapon, wait, the hit (last) with the power fist

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
Re: an odd question in general
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 11:24:14 AM »
You have to pick which weapon you are going to use and use all of your attacks with that weapon.

Generally not a good idea to do this. Also, you would not gain an extra attack with the fist because there is no bonus for 2 weapons with a fist.
"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • Egotistical Co-Conspirator
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 02:52:29 PM »
Unless you are an Ironclad Dreadnought, Death Company Dread with 2 Bloodfists, Furioso with 2 Blood Fists and Marneus Calgar...

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 03:14:39 PM »
Dont forget about Logan Grimnar.
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 05:52:18 PM »
You always use your profile stat when determining your attacks.  You may recieve a bonus close combat attack for wielding a pistol and close combat weapon.  This bonus does not apply to : power fists, lighting claws, and armies individual instances of such weapons.  These weapons may gain an additional attack if a model is wielding a pair of these weapons.  Also, you must decided at the beinging of combat which weapon you are using for that combat.  So, you can not swing once with a power sword and then swing later with a power fist. 

Most models don't even give you the option to equip the character like that, some special characters have wierd gear like that.  But, that is an instance when you have to declare what you are fighting with.

skavengear

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 12:03:05 PM »
in my case its my reclusiarch. equipped with power fist and crozius (treated as power weapon). so is it once per turn i can choose, ie. one turn i chose to hit earlier in assault with the crozius and next turn choose to hit hard and slow with mr. fisto! ?

Logan007

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 12:39:10 PM »
Yes.

skavengear

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 06:39:17 PM »
another question i couldnt find in the rulebook is: i have a special character mephiston, as an hq choice, he doesnt have the independant character rule so does he always fight on his own or can he still join a squad?

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • Egotistical Co-Conspirator
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 10:15:07 PM »
Independant characters can join units, mephiston can join your death company if that is what you are thinking.

He can be singled out in close combat though, which means if you have a mob of orks and they charge your death company with mephiston attached.  The orks that can base mephiston, as well as those within 2" of a model basing mephiston can attack him, the rest must make their attacks on the unit.

Serring

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 11:31:02 PM »
You have to be independent to be singled out, not just unique.

Example: If Farsight has bodyguards he cannot be singled out even if he is unique because he doesn't get Independent Character until all of the bodyguards are dead.

skavengear

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 11:31:39 PM »
so any special character can join a squad even if under specials it does not say "independant character" ? because the rulebook is really unspecific about this. for example astorath specifically says under special rules "independant character", mephiston does not. probably because he is by far much stronger than any of my other units in the blood angel range he has to fly solo.

Serring

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 11:36:45 PM »
Independent characters are the only people that can join and leave units except for certian rules that specifically say so (green tide in apoc for example). You can still buy a bodygaurd if possible like the the captians can in vanilla space marines, not sure if you have that option though.

skavengear

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 11:54:17 PM »
nope so is it worth it i mean hes ws 7 and str 6 can be str 10. plus he has the force sword and psychic hood. hes practically the same as a tank, but its still one models and 5 wounds dont last long if he gets caught in with a large group.

he definitly seems like a bad ass character to play, especially since he is the strongest model i can produce by a long shot. i mean jesus! ws 7 and str 10 and can make people around him gain favored enemy? he might even make up for death company's inability to score (maybe...)

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 01:21:24 AM »
nope so is it worth it i mean hes ws 7 and str 6 can be str 10. plus he has the force sword and psychic hood. hes practically the same as a tank, but its still one models and 5 wounds dont last long if he gets caught in with a large group.

he definitly seems like a bad ass character to play, especially since he is the strongest model i can produce by a long shot. i mean jesus! ws 7 and str 10 and can make people around him gain favored enemy? he might even make up for death company's inability to score (maybe...)

Jesus, what did they do to Mephiston?

Does he have an invulnerable save now?  If not... lascannons here I come.  What about Eternal Warrior?
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 08:39:37 AM »
Is Mephiston an IC or not?