Author Topic: New player looking for a game 4/17  (Read 1986 times)

Serring

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
Re: New player looking for a game 4/17
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 06:02:10 PM »
Well it is more of I  know generally what the player I'm playing plays like Brian loves to use dreads and othere tanks and same with moony while the chaos space marine player has a vindicator and rhino so I will bring less railguns. It is more of predicting what the people will play not seeing there army. Besides I wouldn't run 9 broadside unless it was apocalypse, you wouldn't need that many railguns unless fighting a guard army with tank spam. 5 (3 broadsides and 2 hammerheads) are all you need in almost any situation.
 I'll use this in the 750pts game:

Shas'o w/multa, missle pod, shield gen, Iridiium Armour Ejection system, Hw multi tracker, FNP,
 HW black sun filter
 24 fire warriors
 3 crisis w/ plas rifle, targeting array, 2 shield drones
 sniper team
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 06:07:27 PM by Serring »

Opforce3

• God
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 11:55:18 PM »
chase is a champ.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Doin' what I can with what I got."
-Burt Gummer

6/4/11 NEVER FORGET

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2010, 04:33:15 PM »
Chase = Winner
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

Randl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 12:32:18 AM »
Well ran into some Eldar on Eldar violence. Worked out to be some fun during the magic tourney lol

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
  • Bob Butler, former Abington guy
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 08:14:50 AM »
Chase = Winner

Well, actually, I won.  ;-)

I did behave myself, sort of.  Randi put all his models on the table while I was still putting together my list.  He was playing all short range units, avengers, avengers, guardians, farseer and scorpions.  I was tempted to switch in a squad of reapers to get a decisive range advantage...

Instead, I stuck with my original concept...  avengers, avengers, farseer and warp spiders.  The result was a maneuver fight, where everyone had short ranged stuff.  The speed of the spiders was very helpful in letting me engage two or three of my units in a given turn while he was spread out and slow enough that he could only engage one or two of his units.  Randi's major advantage was the scorpion's ability in close combat, so the first thing I did was shoot the scorpions, to eliminate his major advantage without letting the scorpions close to melee.

Part of the game is to create mismatches, to have units that can do a lot of damage while not getting hurt badly.  Part of it is in maneuver.  If one has an advantage in range, in speed, or in close combat, one has to manage the game so as to take advantage of one's advantages.  I'm with Chase in that winning through unit selection can be over done.