Author Topic: Iron Man Table?  (Read 17981 times)

Logan007

• Epic Tier Level 22
Re: Iron Man Table?
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2010, 11:27:04 AM »
I think it is very amusing that you would rather jump to conclusions about the thoughts of other players and their viewing of rules rather than listen to what they would say.

You have this idea that a shadowy group of egotistical power gaming rules lawyers are ruining your fun and fluffy gameplay.  There are rules for this game that are ambiguous (most are actually) and it is up to BOTH party's involved to iron out the issues.  I was there on the moon and heard nothing about this 45 degree angle discussion but with the way the rules were written it made complete sense.

That's because the 45 degree angle was never brought up. We didn't know that rule until (I think it was) Alan mentioned it.

If it were brought up during the megabattle, I would have played it that way.

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2010, 11:31:54 AM »
Not I, I was more vexed by the interpretation of the Towering monstrosity rule.

Bob brought up the 45 degree rule as a proposed solution .. shame it only seems to cover elevation....

oh well, it's a good job we're all mature adults and can overcome these things without hours of needless arguments and name calling....

Cheers,
Alan
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • Egotistical Co-Conspirator
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2010, 11:51:24 AM »
I think it is very amusing that you would rather jump to conclusions about the thoughts of other players and their viewing of rules rather than listen to what they would say.
This coming from someone who was freaking out over rules and jumping to conclusions before the Mega Battle.  Not on your cloud of judgment any more :p

You are completely right Jake.  I sperged out in the disorder forums about the disruptor thing, but was going to play whatever way the ruling is.

You are the best jake, your internet superiority reigns supreme and i applaud you

Lady GaGa

• Heroic Tier Level 2
  • I want your love I dont wanna be friends
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2010, 12:15:12 PM »
You are completely right Jake.  I sperged out in the disorder forums about the disruptor thing, but was going to play whatever way the ruling is.

You are the best jake, your internet superiority reigns supreme and i applaud you

About damn time someone recognized my awesomeness.

I won't tell you that I love you
Kiss or hug you
Cause I'm bluffin' with my muffin
I'm not lying I'm just stunnin' with my love-glue gunning

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
  • Bob Butler, former Abington guy
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2010, 12:18:38 PM »
Bob brought up the 45 degree rule as a proposed solution .. shame it only seems to cover elevation....

No.  There is a azimuth rule as well as an elevation rule.  The horizontal rule even comes with an illustration.  Thing is, if you apply the horizontal illustration to the vertical rule, a titan's carapace weapons could only be depressed by 22.5 degrees.  Of course, the horizontal rules talk about a 45 degree arc, while the vertical rule talks about swiveling by 45 degrees.  It is not clear that one should apply the horizontal illustration to the vertical rule.

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2010, 12:21:17 PM »

But wait a minute.  Are you a 'junior'?  How could you consider yourself awesome if you don't share a name with your father?  Everyone knows that truly awesome people are juniors.   ;)

Robert W. Butler Jr.

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2010, 12:22:59 PM »

But wait a minute.  Are you a 'junior'?  How could you consider yourself awesome if you don't share a name with your father?  Everyone knows that truly awesome people are juniors.   ;)

Robert W. Butler Jr.

HMM JUNIOR
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2010, 12:47:48 PM »
Juniors are chumps.  It's all about having III at the end of your name.

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
The Cult of the Titan
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2010, 04:26:07 PM »
The only reason I bitch about the titans is because I believe everyone thinks of these things as the ultimate thing to take and that makes EVERYONE want to take one (stompas included) but to me that's wicked lame, I mean how many titans do we need, like if we had a bunch of cool superheavies in diversity I wouldn't care as much but I just feel like having x amount of the same model on the field is lame... we literally had 6 warhounds on the surface... WHAT?! I'm even complaining about the 1 that was on our side. I'm just saying that everyone should just think over what they bring and see if it fits the fluff of the army and stuff... idk that's just me though

Not just you.  I have a taste based dislike of walkers, myself.  For a long time I wouldn't buy any form of walker as such tall models would be such obvious targets in a real world environment where hugging the ground makes sense.  As this is a science fiction environment and walkers are part of the genera, I try to suspend disbelief and play on, but as a matter of personal taste, I could do without.

But part of the mega-battle mystique is everyone playing what they want to play, rather than being forced to avoid things that one or two players dislike on esthetics ground.  Some people have worked themselves into a frenzy when they see the aqua marine crab or my frisbee.  (Note, the frisbee is low to the ground, not the obvious target a walker is.)  Not everything is everyone's cup of tea.

But the big problem is cost effectiveness rather than taste.  If one wants to throw a bunch of D templets, it is hard to do better than to field titans.  A warhound can throw four and has decent defenses.  An Emperor can throw 18 just from its carapace.

How many titans died on the surface table?  How did they die?  There is talk that one can take down titans with planning, but killing Order's two lunar titans also took stratagems and opposing super heavy walkers.  Smarts, yes, but smarts backed by a good deal of brute force fire power.  I know there were two Titan Hammer squads on the Order side on the surface.  Did they find worthy prey? Are there any good tales of giant killing that might be shared to counter the growing Cult of the Titan?

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2010, 08:11:47 PM »
Yes... I am a Jr.

Any way I agree that ambigious rules should just be politely discuessed pre-game. We had way to much whinning this year.

jfoodmaster

• Paragon Tier Level 12
  • For the United Kriels!
    • Building and Painting Blog
    • Email
Re: The Cult of the Titan
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2010, 08:34:12 PM »

How many titans died on the surface table?  How did they die?  There is talk that one can take down titans with planning, but killing Order's two lunar titans also took stratagems and opposing super heavy walkers.  Smarts, yes, but smarts backed by a good deal of brute force fire power.  I know there were two Titan Hammer squads on the Order side on the surface.  Did they find worthy prey? Are there any good tales of giant killing that might be shared to counter the growing Cult of the Titan?

Well, my Titanhammer Squad lead by Captain Lysander downed a Chaos titan with a Vortex Grenade.  If the Vortex Grenade didn't destroy it, 11 Mastercrafted Thunder Hammers would have on the next turn.

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2010, 10:55:35 PM »
Well, my Titanhammer Squad lead by Captain Lysander downed a Chaos titan with a Vortex Grenade.  If the Vortex Grenade didn't destroy it, 11 Mastercrafted Thunder Hammers would have on the next turn.

Well, that's one way of toning down enthusiasm for the Cult of the Titan.  The Chaos stratagem that allows them to take over an enemy model for a turn might discourage Order side Emperors.  Anyone else have neat ideas for discouraging opponents from going with Titans?

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2010, 11:22:31 PM »

Well, that's one way of toning down enthusiasm for the Cult of the Titan.  The Chaos stratagem that allows them to take over an enemy model for a turn might discourage Order side Emperors.  Anyone else have neat ideas for discouraging opponents from going with Titans?

Kick 'em in the shins?

And by them, I mean the players.
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2010, 12:57:57 AM »

I'll see you the day after finals.

Kick 'em in the shins?

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2010, 05:49:30 PM »
Well, my Titanhammer Squad lead by Captain Lysander downed a Chaos titan with a Vortex Grenade.  If the Vortex Grenade didn't destroy it, 11 Mastercrafted Thunder Hammers would have on the next turn.

Well, that's one way of toning down enthusiasm for the Cult of the Titan.  The Chaos stratagem that allows them to take over an enemy model for a turn might discourage Order side Emperors.  Anyone else have neat ideas for discouraging opponents from going with Titans?

Kick 'em in the shins?

I'll see you the day after finals.

How young to they start kids playing hockey these days?  I have this image of titans wandering around the table wearing shin guards under the Extra Armor rule...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 06:35:18 PM by blantyr »