Author Topic: Apocalypse Megabattle 2010 Rules, Questions, etc.  (Read 9374 times)

Logan007

• Epic Tier Level 22
Apocalypse Megabattle 2010 Rules, Questions, etc.
« on: January 11, 2010, 06:58:26 PM »
(From Chase)
What has been decided is that we are going to have 3 different tables.

A moon table - 5v5 - made up of three 4x6 tables.
A planet surface table - 10v10 - made of up six 4x6 tables.
An underground cavern table - 5v5 - made up of three 4x6 tables.

Each table will interact to some extent with another table(s) and objective points scored on each table will be combined to determine your teams overall score.

You will not be allowed to deploy or transfer models to a table different than the one your team decides you will be playing on.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a few questions: Can allies share tech? Can I use my friend's teleport homer? Jump into his Transport? Join my Independant character to a squad of his?

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
Re: Apocalypse Megabattle 2010 Rules, Questions, etc.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 07:19:18 PM »
You cannot share tech, as of now you can not use an allies: teleport homers, chaos icons, or transports.

For all intents and purposes your army is a stand alone force.  You are just working with orther armies on your team.  Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this (Chase and Derek).

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 09:37:42 PM »

I have a few questions: Can allies share tech? Can I use my friend's teleport homer? Jump into his Transport? Join my Independant character to a squad of his?

This never changes, every year, every F***ing tournament. Are you slow or that desperate?

It was discussed at length at the beginning of the year and the middle of the year as a big possibility since it was found to not be game breaking.

Also, this is apocalypse, not a tournament.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 10:22:51 PM »
not cool calling someone out like that for a good question.  Like Rich said we play tested it and it wasn't all that bad.  I just wasn't aware that chase or derek we on board with allowing it.

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 11:38:54 PM »
That was deleted by me like maybe a minute after i posted or was supposed to be.  where the hell did you drag it up from?
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

Logan007

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 12:00:32 AM »
That was deleted by me like maybe a minute after i posted or was supposed to be.  where the hell did you drag it up from?

I guess a lot of us read this message board pretty voraciously -- it's all good dude I didn't take any offense.

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
  • Bob Butler, former Abington guy
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 01:30:30 PM »
(From Chase)
What has been decided is that we are going to have 3 different tables.

A moon table - 5v5 - made up of three 4x6 tables...

Is there any intent for special lunar rules relating to low gravity, vacuum, or other 'Not-A-Class-M-Planet" effects?

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 02:32:05 PM »
Question for the carvans tables:    Will it have specal rules like City of Death? Like enclosed spaces etc...IE Flamers super deadly haha?
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 04:20:06 PM »
Question for the carvans tables:    Will it have special rules like City of Death? Like enclosed spaces etc...IE Flamers super deadly haha?

One could create quite a few funky rules for the lunar or cavern tables if we were so inclined.  I'm not really eager to change things too much, but a little flavor might be interesting.

For the cavern table...  is it somewhat risky to take a flyer into such an enclosed space?  Do orbital bombardments have trouble getting through the roof of the cavern?

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 04:47:33 PM »
From what I understand I believe that on the underground table certain superheavies will not be allowed and Flies I would reason could not work( I understand they could its the future technology makes everyone a good driver, but for the sake of attempting to add a ton of un-needed rules to an already chaotic game.)

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 05:11:47 PM »
From what I understand I believe that on the underground table certain superheavies will not be allowed and Flies I would reason could not work( I understand they could its the future technology makes everyone a good driver, but for the sake of attempting to add a ton of un-needed rules to an already chaotic game.)

Sounds reasonable.  My Eldar Nightwing are supposed to be super-maneuverable, but sending them into a cavern???   I'm all in favor of 'just say no.'

Using drop pods in caverns also seems off.

I just hope that after eliminating stuff that ought really not be underground neither side ends up losing much more than the other.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 06:08:52 PM »
I don't think it will honestly.  I know Order dominates the flyer market right now, while disorder has much more gargantuan creatures.  But I don't think either will be allowed underground.

Logan007

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 06:28:51 PM »
I'm actually really looking forward to seeing what the special rules for each table are.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 06:00:34 PM »
You cannot share tech, as of now you can not use an allies: teleport homers, chaos icons, or transports.

For all intents and purposes your army is a stand alone force.  You are just working with orther armies on your team.  Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this (Chase and Derek).

This is correct.  As of right now we are taking this stance.  I suppose there's a chance it could change, but I see it complicating things for the people that aren't super rules savvy or "were not aware" of things working that way.  With everything going on at this years Megabattle keeping things simple where we can seems like a good idea.

Stuff on the "to do" list include (but aren't limited to) the following:

Figuring out exactly how we want each table to contribute to the overall score.  Basically, how we want objectives to be scored on each table, and how they score on each table with influence the game overall.

Our ideas change every day. 

Currently the idea is to score objectives at the top of each player turn, starting round 2.  The score will continue to accumulate each round after that until the game is over or time is called on the event.  At the end of the event, the total number of points scored by each team will be divided by the number of rounds that table finished.  The three scored from each table will the be added together to give us our winner.

The moon table and the cavern table (the 5v5 tables) will be worth exactly half of the objective points that the planet surface table (10v10) has.

If one team completely removes the other from any table, they will score the maximum possible points for that table.

Please break this.  Explain why its a bad, unfair, or broken method of scoring.  This is very, very important.

After that, we need to figure out how we would like objectives to be scored and contested.

We need to decide if we are going to allow players to make use of the Bell of Lost Souls Data Sheets and other stuff.  (We are pretty sure we are).

We need to figure out what the special rules for each table will be.

We need to figure out exactly how we want each table to affect another (or itself).

I'm sure there's 30948209348203498203 other things we need to sort out too, I just cant think of them right now.  I'll post more later on.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • Egotistical Co-Conspirator
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 06:54:29 PM »
I was under the impression that shared teleport homers/icons were going to be used after the test battle...