Author Topic: How long..............  (Read 2947 times)

cryptoron

• Epic Tier Level 24
How long..............
« on: September 28, 2009, 02:06:50 PM »
How long till there is a new Necron Codex.........
meanwhile- http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=4500006a
Isn't that their second codex since the last Necron book?
I mean really, I'd have felt better if it was another army that was waiting, like dark eldar, lost and the damed, or demiurge (aka squats). 
Whaaaa whaaaaaa...
And YES! I DO want cheese with my whine!!!!! Grilled lightly with GAUSS FIRE!!!!!!!!
"A Thunderhawk full of Necrons...WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!!!!!"

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
Re: How long..............
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 07:05:24 PM »
Now I have to chime in...

At least you have a codex... mine was taken from me.  Stolen from me by GW.  WHY GW, WHY ME!?  GIVE ME BACK MY MUTANTS IN A TOURNAMENT SETTING!

Just field 3 monoliths and keep 2 squads of 15 warriors in reserve every game.  ;D

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 09:34:53 PM »
That White Dwarf = Squat Techmarine
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 06:54:28 PM »
WTF? Tyrinids do not need another codex. Necrons Dark Angels and Blood angels do! that tech preist looks sweet i want one!

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 07:09:25 PM »
I fully support a new Tyranid Codex.  Tyranids are badass, their models are cool looking, and I like their fluff.

Giant space bugs that rip stuff in half and assimilate = owange.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 07:25:38 PM »
They're a codex that can be done quickly, needing mostly point cost adjustments and updated wording. I imagine they're pumping it out because it will be so easy.

Rumors circulate that they are currently working on a MAJOR overhaul for Necrons, as well as new stuff for DE. It probably takes a lot of time to take an army that was dull even for 3rd ed. and make it in line with the other 5th edition books.
beep bop boop

straightedge166

• Email
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 10:37:25 PM »
didn't they have a new codex for blood angels in a recent white dwarf
I invoke the name of the pastery baker of DOOOOOM!!!!!!     

cryptoron

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 11:12:17 PM »

They did but marine players just have to whine.  Any army with a 3+ armor save "....has a lot going for it..."

General Leevous

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 11:58:00 PM »
i fully support tyranids being redone right now... sure its not fair to necrons and dark eldar, but ian said it right, if theyre doing a major overhaul, y not do a quick codex. tyranids get boned by everything since the addition of 5th edition anyway, so y not give them a chance
Run Run Run as Fast as You Can... You Cant Catch Me Im The GINGER!!!!

So sayeth the Ginger, FEAR the Ginger!

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 01:40:28 AM »

They did but marine players just have to whine.  Any army with a 3+ armor save "....has a lot going for it..."

I feel they have more to complain about than LatD players.
beep bop boop

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 08:22:18 AM »
The green marines vs. the red marines vs. grey marines vs. the black marines.  I was making a joke about the old thousand sons comment but seriously, there are tons of different marines and most marine players just use their different color marines as vanilla marines anyway.  The chaos cultists and mutants and traitors offer a far more interesting/ varied canvas than two codex marine chapters- one with skeletons in the closet and the other that watched twilight too many times.

The argument against LatD is that it was a splash release.  It was a long time coming and deserves a codex far more than daemons did.   I guess daemons are more common than the mutants that revolt on planets and eventually summon a bloodletter to break a platoon on a planet.

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 04:07:20 PM »
i fully support tyranids being redone right now... sure its not fair to necrons and dark eldar, but ian said it right, if theyre doing a major overhaul, y not do a quick codex. tyranids get boned by everything since the addition of 5th edition anyway, so y not give them a chance

accually, I still lose to tryanids all of the time

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 06:35:51 PM »
they are still a decent force in 5th, but the problem is that the alot of the new rules screw with the way they play. 

I know a few of their bio-morphs are useless now like the rippers and the thornback upgrade.  Since there is no more out numbering in combat there is no point in take them.

I think Ian is right though, its a nice quick codex to bang out.  I doubt there will be anything new really in the army.

General Leevous

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 10:34:50 AM »
they are still a decent force in 5th, but the problem is that the alot of the new rules screw with the way they play. 

I know a few of their bio-morphs are useless now like the rippers and the thornback upgrade.  Since there is no more out numbering in combat there is no point in take them.

I think Ian is right though, its a nice quick codex to bang out.  I doubt there will be anything new really in the army.

its speculated that theres gonna be 4 new additions to the codex which is including but not limeted to the malanthrope! and apparently, depending on your hq choice, different things become troops. genestealers are moving to elites unless you take broodlord, malanthrope is apparently gonna make rippers scoring, hive tyrant will allow you to take troop tyranid warriors. gaunts will apparently be 3 points and come without number, and hormagaunts will have the option of without number. you will have the option to put warriors in ALL force org chart slots.

once again, these are only rumors and speculations that chris has told me from warpshadow.com
Run Run Run as Fast as You Can... You Cant Catch Me Im The GINGER!!!!

So sayeth the Ginger, FEAR the Ginger!