Author Topic: 40K CaptainCON GT July 26th and 27th Taunton, MA  (Read 1796 times)

rdeane

40K CaptainCON GT July 26th and 27th Taunton, MA
« on: June 17, 2014, 01:59:18 PM »
Warhammer 40K CaptainCon GT

Thread for the convention with some more details here: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/590444.page

CaptainCon website with all the info you need here: http://captaincon.com/

ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL US AT brocomp40k@gmail.com

July 26th & 27th
 The CaptainCon GT is an 1850 point, two round tournament with 3 games on Saturday and 2 on Sunday.
 Details
 -1850 points
 -Singles (1v1)

Schedule
 Saturday, July 26th
 9-9:30 Registration
 9:30-12:30 Round 1
 12:30-1:30 Lunch
 1:30-4 :30 Round 2
 5:00- 8 Round 3

Sunday July 27th
 9:00-12:00 Round 1
 12:00-1:00 Lunch
 1:00-4:00 Round 2

Army Construction:

Each player must bring an army consisting of 1850 points or less.

All armies must be Battle Forged (no Unbound armies).

You must include one and only one Combined Arms Detachment as your Primary Detachment.

You may take up to one other detachment in addition to your primary (an Allied Detachment, a single formation, Imperial Knights, Inquistion, etc.) You MAY NOT include a second Combined Arms Detachment as your second detachment.

Lords of War WILL NOT be allowed at this event.

Forgeworld units WILL NOT be allowed at this event.

Up to one of the following fortifications may be taken as listed in Stronghold Assault (You must have the relevant rules with you to show your opponent):
 a. Aegis Defence Line
 b. Imperial Bastion
 c. Wall of Martyrs (WoM) Defence Line
 d. WoM Defence Emplacement
 e. WoM Bunker
 f. WoM Firestorm Redoubt
 g. WoM Vengeance Weapon Battery
 h. Promethium Relay Pipes
 i. Skyshield Landing Pad
 · The following upgrades/option MAY NOT be selected for any fortification:
 Void Shield

Please submit finalized army lists to brocomp40k@gmail.com no later than July 19th.

Tournament Rules

We plan to use some version of the assymetrical missions outlined here: http://missioncatalog.com/ Our mission packet may not be identical to those that appear on the mission catalog. If they are not updated for 7th edition we will be making some changes to bring them in line. Either way, you can use the missions here as good guideline when building your armies as they will be similar.

Sportsmanship will be scored each round by your opponent.

All models must follow “What You See Is What You Get” (WYSIWYG). All weapons, wargear, and so forth must be represented on the model.

All armies must be fully painted to a three color tournament standard.

Counts-as and conversions are allowed and encouraged assuming they follow the WYSIWYG rule and are the same size and on the same size base as the model they are representing. If you have any doubts, send an email including pictures of the models in question to brocomp40k@gmail.com.

SLOW PLAYING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!* Every player is responsible for finishing their games and taking their turns in a reasonable amount of time. Anyone found to be consistently not finishing their games will be penalized up to and including being booted from the event.

*Please keep in mind that some armies take significantly longer to play than others (Such as 300 Ork boyz, or Daemons that double in number every turn). Even if you are playing at reasonable pace, but have brought an army that cannot finish it's turn in a reasonable time you may still be penalized. Keep this in mind when building your army!
 Please come prepared with 7 copies of your list; one for each opponent, one for the judges and one for yourself. If your list is found to not comply with the above restrictions you will be asked to change your list or DISQUALIFIED. If you would like us to review your list prior to coming to the event please email us at brocomp40k@gmail.com.

If you plan on attending, there is no additional registration fee besides the cost of the convention. You will need a weekend Badge available here: http://captaincon.com/?page_id=45
 Once you have purchased a weekend badge, please register for the event here: http://captaincon.com/?page_id=350

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
Re: 40K CaptainCON GT July 26th and 27th Taunton, MA
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 03:02:59 PM »
I have a wedding that weekend, otherwise I would go!

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 03:26:51 PM »
I didn't realize they were doing 40k.  Looks like I'll have to put our singles event on a different weekend.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 11:11:14 AM »
I didn't realize they were doing 40k.  Looks like I'll have to put our singles event on a different weekend.

Chase we had talked about this like 3 months ago.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 07:38:12 PM »
That's true... I completely forgot about it!  Man, I'm getting old.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel