Author Topic: Warhammer 40k Now With 100% More Deck Building?  (Read 1479 times)

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
Warhammer 40k Now With 100% More Deck Building?
« on: June 19, 2014, 06:05:25 PM »
As you have all probably heard the new Ork codex is going to be released with it's own set of tactical objective cards. I just saw this posted.

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/06/tactical-objective-cards-expanded-deck.html?m=1#comment-form

Supposedly GW is going to introduce a mechanic where you customize your own Maelstrom of War deck. I think this could be a pretty cool idea. You tailor your deck to better your at. For example if you are playing Necrons you can pull out the ones where you score points for manifesting psychic powers. Or if you're playing Tau you can pull out the ones where you score points for killing characters in a challenge.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: Warhammer 40k Now With 100% More Deck Building?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 06:48:15 PM »
Well that explains quite a bit.  The rep wasn't able to tell me very much about the Ork deck, other than it's going to be allocated.

I think this is a GREAT idea and, if handled well, can be really good for the game.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

AstartesXXVI

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 12:49:44 AM »
I have heard that you can put your codex objectives in in place of some of the other cards.
"Really, the entire game is 'Opponent's Permission' if you think about it..."

phasertech

• Email
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 12:28:43 PM »
This is an awesome idea. I already love Maelstrom of War, This could really iron out the kinks assuming it's handled well, not to mention it makes every army play fundamentally different. It's been a long time since i've said this, but go GW!