Author Topic: How often are games played on Saturdays?  (Read 1327 times)

Joby21

How often are games played on Saturdays?
« on: September 30, 2009, 01:02:05 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm a new poster who is interested in getting into Warhammer 40k and I was curious about how often games were played on Saturdays at Battleground Games? Is it fairly easy to just show up and find a game or do you need to make arrangements before hand?

Thank you!

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
Re: How often are games played on Saturdays?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 04:05:02 PM »
Monday and Saturday seem to be the day for 40k games.  From my experience later in the afternoon is when most people start showing up for 40k games.  As a not though it is never a bad thing to set up a game beforehand.
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: How often are games played on Saturdays?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 07:23:32 PM »
Yeah, what Troy said is right on.  Mondays and Saturdays are the bigger nights for 40k, although games are played every night.

How common are games on Saturday?

Well it depends on the Saturday really... and whos around.  Games are played every Saturday without fail.  Generally people just come down, hang out, and a game or games will break out.  They can happen at any time really.  Sometimes we see 4 of the 6 tables with games on them and the other two tables full of peoples stuff.  Other times theres only 1 game going on at a time.

Your best bet, by far, is to post on the forum with dates and / or times, your army, and the point total you would like to play your game at.  I don't imagine it'll be tough to find a game.

-Chase
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel