Author Topic: Overwatch question  (Read 846 times)

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
Overwatch question
« on: March 19, 2013, 08:20:56 PM »
So my question pertains to flamers. I know when you normally shoot with flamers you place the template and can't "shoot" through your own models.

what about overwatch though? When you overwatch with flamers you do your D3 "wall of death" shots and never place a template, so can you "shoot" through your own units models to wall of death?

thoughts?

thanks in advance

edited for clarity
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:03:53 PM by PhoenixFire »

andalucien

• God
Re: Overwatch question
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 08:58:52 PM »
Yes, you just get d3 hits on each flame template.  You don't need to worry about placing it.  (A lot of times the charging unit would be completely out of range of the template anyway).
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 09:02:24 PM »
Yes, you just get d3 hits on each flame template.  You don't need to worry about placing it.  (A lot of times the charging unit would be completely out of range of the template anyway).

Sorry i guess i didn't phrase it that well. My question is can flamers "shoot" though other models in their unit to overwatch wall of death since they are not placing a template

andalucien

• God
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 09:08:33 PM »
Yes, they can.
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 10:02:24 PM »

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 10:27:47 PM »
I believe the fluff explanation is that assaulting units that fail are still running up to make a charge, but are driven back by the torrent of fire from Overwatch.

There are so many inconsistencies with this explanation. Why would 20 Fearless guys run away if none of them die from Overwatch? And so on.

Tharcil

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 01:33:21 PM »
I believe the fluff explanation is that assaulting units that fail are still running up to make a charge, but are driven back by the torrent of fire from Overwatch.

There are so many inconsistencies with this explanation. Why would 20 Fearless guys run away if none of them die from Overwatch? And so on.

They are so confdident that instead of charging into the fray they saunter into the fight.  Since sauntering takes longer than charging, they don't get there in time. 

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 07:28:36 PM »
They are so confdident that instead of charging into the fray they saunter into the fight.  Since sauntering takes longer than charging, they don't get there in time.
The sauntering takes so long, it appears to the untrained eye as if they haven't moved at all!

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 07:36:03 PM »
The sauntering takes so long, it appears to the untrained eye as if they haven't moved at all!

Necrons like to saunter in a "where is Sarah Connor" kind of way.

I have heard rumors of space marine chapters that sa-shay across the field in a fabulous manner