Author Topic: New Space Marine Army  (Read 2198 times)

BobMOTU

New Space Marine Army
« on: March 03, 2009, 11:32:51 PM »
Hey there, all.  I recently acquired some new Space Marines on ebay to supplement my guard force for appocalypse games.  I got 26 terminators (I know, wierd number), 50 Tactical marines, 2 dreadnaughts, and 1 captain Cato Sacarius.  I wasn't sure if I should field the tactical marines as such, or if I should field them as damned legionaires instead.  Are the legionaires worth while or are they too points heavy?  I like them because they can deep strike, are cool looking, get an invulnerable save, and the story behind them is awesome.  Plus, 50 of them would be a really cool sight.  Thoughts (I'm not willing to buy drop pods for all the tactical squads)?

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
Re: New Space Marine Army
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 04:00:29 PM »
I play Space Marines too but I tried the legion of the Damned and they just died before they cound do any thing. they costed too much too.

Opforce3

• God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 12:45:33 PM »
i personally think that many LotD is a bit absurd. and they're not particularly good. but if you want to go with the theme of an army composed entirely of them, thats cool.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Doin' what I can with what I got."
-Burt Gummer

6/4/11 NEVER FORGET

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 02:07:43 PM »
it couldn't hurt to have a few of them, I would guess.  But 50 I think might be much, and can they be fielded as a troops choice? 

Ya gotta remember while its nice that deep strikers don't start on the board, that leaves very little of your army to get unloaded upon while waiting for them to arrive.  Plus scattering is kind of a pot luck right now.  You might lose the unit, get to keep them in reserve, or your opponent can just throw them in a corner and effectivly count them out for the game.

Whatever you choose I am a big fan of theme armies and you should just do what you think is fun.  Creating a competitive list vs a fun one is two different processes I think.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 02:27:03 PM »
it couldn't hurt to have a few of them, I would guess.  But 50 I think might be much, and can they be fielded as a troops choice? 

Ya gotta remember while its nice that deep strikers don't start on the board, that leaves very little of your army to get unloaded upon while waiting for them to arrive.  Plus scattering is kind of a pot luck right now.  You might lose the unit, get to keep them in reserve, or your opponent can just throw them in a corner and effectivly count them out for the game.

Whatever you choose I am a big fan of theme armies and you should just do what you think is fun.  Creating a competitive list vs a fun one is two different processes I think.
Pffft.

A 56 plaguemarine army at 1500 is themed and competitive.

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 05:44:48 PM »

That's what three demolishers are for...
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 02:38:05 AM »

That's what three demolishers are for...

Well, you have me there.