Author Topic: A petition for Psychic powers for the next tournament?  (Read 490 times)

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
A petition for Psychic powers for the next tournament?
« on: September 07, 2012, 01:09:02 AM »
I've brought it up before, but can I make an official petition of either Sam or Chase, or both, to change the way we roll powers for the Oct 13th tournament?  I don't know how you did it at the minivitational, but previously Sam ruled you have to pick the tables you'll be rolling on when making your army list. 

I get the reasons for that, not tailoring your powers for your opponent, but the rulebook very specifically allows you to pick your powers (whether to switch them out, and what tables to roll on) not only by the game, but after each individual roll, so this is a HUGE departure from RAW.

Moreover, I don't think it's at all necessary.  The Divination Discipline aside, I think most of the BRB powers are pretty weak, so tailoring the discipline for the opponent is one of the only things they have going for them.  People with access to Divination (like me) are pretty much just going to pick that all the time anyway, so it doesn't really do any harm their, either. 

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: A petition for Psychic powers for the next tournament?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 04:22:55 AM »
The event post that will (hopefully) go up tomorrow will cover this.

I would expect to see this handled in a fashion similar to NOVA.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 10:40:47 AM »
OK.  I wasn't there, but I don't think they did anythign outside BRB rules with psychic powers there, right?

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 10:45:31 AM »
NOVA did it by you choose your basic powers.  At the begining of each round you then decide to choose whether to keep those powers or to roll for new ones.
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 11:03:34 AM »
NOVA did it by you choose your basic powers.  At the begining of each round you then decide to choose whether to keep those powers or to roll for new ones.

Yeah, it's pretty much out of BRB; roll before deployment, choose table, roll/drop to primaris, then if you have a 2nd roll, choose again.
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.