Author Topic: Ok new player alert!  (Read 1380 times)

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Strategic Command Wargaming Club
    • Email
Ok new player alert!
« on: July 23, 2012, 01:13:51 PM »
Hi!  Looking to get into Warmachine with Menoth. I have no idea what I am doing but looks like a fun game. If most of you dont know I build a ton of terrain for Plainville.

I am looking to pick up the two player box set but i don't want the Khador models. Anyone want to split it?

Also any Menoth players out there that want to share a couple of their killer lists so I can get started!

Oh and when is the Menoth Collassal coming out that thing looks BADA**!!!
Strategic Command Wargaming Club
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
Re: Ok new player alert!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 02:41:47 PM »
Hello and welcome to Warmachine. Friday Nights a Journeyman League is going on but a lot of players willing to Teach you how to play as well as other New Players to play against. I suggest you come down and talk to Ed, James, or Nick and they can definitely help you get started.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Rofel

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 06:36:52 PM »
If you come in on Friday during our Journeyman League, the league starts at 5:30 but several people are there early, and we can run some demo games with you. Look for James if you want to talk with a veteran Menoth player, but there are 1 or 2 other players working on Menoth for the league.

I think the Menoth Judicator comes out sometime after October, but I'm not quite sure on that the target date.

July - Khador Conquest
August - Cryx Kraken
September - Trolls Mountain King
October - Ret Hyperion
Nov/Dec - No idea

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 07:49:44 PM »
If my dog didn't cost so much money I'd spilt the box with you. I would first check which casters you d think you would like better. You could look on WWW.battlecollege.com this is the games wiki page it will give you a basic idea. So I would start at the geting that, and picking up the battle box and like two, three casters.
You should see if your wife and kids will let you out of the house Friday, and we could set up a demo game.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 02:11:37 AM by Ed »

Randl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 12:50:40 AM »
I am a pretty new player too. I'm still trying to get 25 points painted of Cygnar. I can head down to Plainville from time to time.

Demonster

• Heroic Tier Level 3
  • So what're we playing today?
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 12:47:21 PM »
Willing to split. Just lemme know when you're heading down - I'm usually free most days and I haven't had a chance to take a look at the Plainville store yet, so this would be a good chance for both of us.
I got a 1!....That's a good thing, right?

As quoted: Moonie, "What would you do for a Klondike Bar?" Cale, "I would make love to a camel. But it would have to be a mint chocolate chip one."

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Strategic Command Wargaming Club
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 01:22:26 PM »
Thanks to everyone who responded!  I picked up the box set and already gave away the Khador models. and I am currently assembling the Menoth models and looking forward to a demo game with them.

Not sure if I can make it this Friday but maybe some other time.
Strategic Command Wargaming Club
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com

Demonster

• Heroic Tier Level 3
  • So what're we playing today?
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 02:45:57 PM »
Works by me! Due to unforeseen circumstances (but predictable) my hobby funds just collapsed.... So hopefully I'll still see you sometime in the near future. :D
I got a 1!....That's a good thing, right?

As quoted: Moonie, "What would you do for a Klondike Bar?" Cale, "I would make love to a camel. But it would have to be a mint chocolate chip one."