Author Topic: DaBoyzGT 2012  (Read 501 times)

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
DaBoyzGT 2012
« on: August 09, 2012, 02:05:03 PM »
Announcing the 2012 DaBoyz GT!

We are back for the seventh year in a row! We took last year’s comments to heart and this year the GT will be held back at the University of Rochester campus. It is great space to game and close to many great places to eat and drink. We will be using the new 6th edition 40k rules and therefore will not be running comp at the 40k event. There will probably be other changes to our 40k event as well which we will update after 6th edition starts being played in the few months after release. For example, notice that no sample missions are posted yet because we are waiting to see how 6th edition changes the game.

Just like in the years past we will have great times and great prizes, including awesome hand-painted trophies!

Here is the basic info:

DaBoyz GT November 9th - 11th 2012

DaBoyz GT is featuring a two-day, 120-player Warhammer 40,000 Grand Tournament and a two day 60-player Warhammer Fantasy Independent Tournament, both of which will be held on Saturday the 10th and Sunday the 11th.

Bring your best 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, game to compete at the DaBoyz independent Grand Tournament. You will find awesome terrain, prizes, and opponents!

Mark your calendars and start making your travel plans, because on November 9th -11th, the DaBoyz GT will return to the Rochester, New York area.

So check us out at:
www.DaBoyzGT.com

Also:

Now that this internet technology has proven to be sticking around, we have finally decided to enter the digital age! We have created a facebook page for the DaBoyzGT. If you’re attending our annual event or are just interested in the going’s on of our Gaming Group like us at:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Da-Boyz-Gt/106293642839491

We are going to be sending out information about the events as well as updates on a regular basis. If you plan on attending our event and have a portable device we recommend liking us we plan on distributing information day of the event.

"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Re: DaBoyzGT 2012
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 02:47:09 PM »
I'm probably not going to be able to make it, but regardless, a lot of information about the event doesn't seem to be listed. I'd be hesitant to buy a ticket on so little.
beep bop boop

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 06:21:42 PM »
What in particular information is missing? 

The event location and basic outline for both 40k and fantasy are posted on the GT site.

6th edition particulars I believe the TO's are waiting to see how the community responds to the GT's that have taken place.

Any suggestions for improvement please let me know and I will pass it along to get as much information as possible up.

-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 01:09:26 AM »
No team tournament info, 6th edition particulars (though I can understand wanting to wait, it still makes me uneasy not knowing exactly how the event will work), and the "Point Break Out" section references a download section that is supposed to have the scenarios but no such section seems to exist.

EDIT: Reread your post and saw the bit about waiting on scenarios. Might want to have that cleaned up on the site to avoid confusion.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 01:11:22 AM by Ian Mulligan »
beep bop boop

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 02:06:17 AM »
I'll be going, met a lot of Da Boyz at Adepticon and they were a great crew! Can't wait.

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 09:46:19 AM »
Thank Ian, I will pass that along.

My only suggestion would be to give the event a try, you might like it  :)

We are still working on the team tourney particular's. They are in discussion with the hall right now to firm up what hours we can have access on friday. We don't want to offer anything to have the hall tell us no at the last minute.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 02:45:25 PM »
I'll definitely try to go if I can afford the time. Everyone has had good stuff to say.
beep bop boop