Author Topic: FNM  (Read 2617 times)

Plympton

FNM
« on: July 28, 2009, 12:23:11 AM »
hi, just a noob to MTG somewhat. i played a couple of times a year or so ago when i lived in california. i was wondering if there is FNM at this location, and if there is would it be draft play? and is there a good group of FNM players? im looking to start playing regularly and need somewhere to get the hang of things. thanks to any reponders.

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
Re: FNM
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 12:28:46 AM »
yeah, this is a great place to play magic, thay always have FNM. the play format alternates every week between, Type 2(constructed decks where you are only allowed to use cards from Lorwyn, Morningtide, Shadowmoore, Eventide, Shards of Alara, Conflux, Alara Reborn, and Magic 2010) and Draft. the next FNM will be Type 2. Type 2 has a $5.00 entry fee and Draft has a $15 entry fee I don't know what % of that is given out in prizes. the players here are a great group of people. they are friendly and alot of them have high ratings.

Plympton

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 12:08:55 PM »
thanks a lot Bryan, you answered most of my questions. also how often is draft done? i am looking to play more draft then extended.

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 12:03:13 AM »
draft is every other friday, there is usually a draft every staurday too.
in my other post i forgot to tell what time the tournaments are, THEY ALL START AT 7 P.M

Plympton

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 10:27:07 AM »
sweet thanks! hope to see you everyone there sometime soon.

Jesus

• Resident Look-alike
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 12:23:58 PM »
I would rather piggy-back than clutter the board with more questions regarding FNM.

I had been coming to FNM at the Abington store, and turnout was... slim. Has this changed at all in recent history?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 01:20:28 PM »
The community in Abington is sort of hit or miss lately.  Some nights we do okay and get 16-20, other nights we only get 8 or 9.

There has certainly been a shift in the past 6 or 7 months due to various factors.  We don't get 20+ all that often anymore.  It's unfortunate, really.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel