Author Topic: Spacewolves rune priest question  (Read 949 times)

Alley Livingston

• Heroic Tier Level 7
  • Silence is golden but duck tape is silver.
    • Email
Spacewolves rune priest question
« on: April 03, 2011, 12:06:02 PM »
Alright, so the rune priest has 2 base attacks as a characteristic, and by taking master of the runes is able to use 2 psychic powers a turn, so wouldn't that mean that he's allowed to use 2 psychic shooting attacks a turn?

Also, I've been using murderous hurricane and no one can seem to agree on how it's used. The book (Spacewolves Codex) says "Psychic shooting attack. An enemy unit within 18" of the Rune Priest takes 3D6 strength 3 hits with AP-. Next turn that unit treats all terrain as both difficult and dangerous." My interpretation is that you just roll to see if you pass your psychic test, then roll how many hits on the 3D6 and then roll to wound, because it says "takes 3D6 strength 3 hits" which implies that they are taking that many hits automatically and you just roll to wound. I'm using this power in the doubles tournament, so I would like a clarification of the ruling so as to not be confused or mistaken in the tournament. Thank you.

-Alley
So I win right?
You're not even playing.
So I'm winning?
Yes Alley, you're winning.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
Re: Spacewolves rune priest question
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 12:27:50 PM »
ok, for the master of the runes ability, no you can not use two psychic shooting attacks.  The base attack stat is purely for your melee attacks, the only units that can make multiple shooting attacks are montrous creatures, and vehicles.  Sorry, its somewhere in the rule book, the ability is meant to give you the option to take multiple psychic powers to use during the game.  It gives you versatility, some powers are good when your not in combat and other you can use when you are. 

As for the murderous hurricane, you are right per what you posted as the codex saying.  You would take the psychic test and if passed inflict 3d6 wounds directly to the target units, so you would just roll to wound. Hope that helps.

Alley Livingston

• Heroic Tier Level 7
  • Silence is golden but duck tape is silver.
    • Email
Re: Spacewolves rune priest question
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 12:40:25 PM »
It does, thanks :)
So I win right?
You're not even playing.
So I'm winning?
Yes Alley, you're winning.