Author Topic: Marvin the Martian Returns  (Read 2865 times)

Battleground

• Store Owner
  • Dungeon Master
  • Epic Tier Level 25
  • DMing since 1983
    • Battleground Games & Hobbies
    • Email
Marvin the Martian Returns
« on: July 31, 2008, 02:03:52 PM »
Marvin the Martian Returns
In a Hybrid Feature Film
July 30, 2008

Variety is reporting that Warner Bros. and Alcon Entertainment are developing a hybrid live action/CGI film featuring Marvin the Martian, the cult favorite Looney Tunes character created by Chuck Jones and introduced into the Looney Tunes universe in 1948 in the Bugs Bunny short Haredevil Hare.  Jones conceived of Marvin the Martian (then known only as Commander X-2—the “Marvin the Martian” monicker was added years later for merchandising purposes) as the polar opposite of Yosemite Sam, Friz Freleng’s creation, who was all bluster and braggadocio.  Marvin on the other hand is extremely soft-spoken, but also incredibly destructive and apparently bent on destroying the world only to be foiled time and again by Bugs Bunny and friends.

According to Variety the pitch that got Warners interested in producing a Marvin the Martian film is a Christmas story with Marvin coming to Earth to destroy the holiday.  Like Alcon’s Racing Stripes and My Dog Skip, the Marvin the Martin feature is targeted at the often underserved market for family films. Warner Bros. is in the first year of a deal with Alcon to distribute 15 Alcon-produced films over the next five years, and has already released Alcon’s P.S. I Love You, and the J-horror remake One Missed Call.
"The final word, then, is the game." - Gary Gygax

Unit04

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
Re: Marvin the Martian Returns
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 02:19:32 PM »
Lets hope it doesn't suck.

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 01:41:37 PM »
Ohh! another live action cartoon. They're the best!  (sarcism)   I loved the old warner brothers cartoons, but live action CGs just don't do any of them justice, except Who Framed Roger Rabit, and how long ago was that? I've recently caught a NEW Tom and Jerry cartoon on tv and it couldn't combare either. If the studios want to make money on old ideas(like they always do) than maybe they should do the orginal credit. Don't make  'em suck. If they bring the little green guy to Earth than "That'd be lovely"  If they do it right. If not I'd have to get out my P38 explosive space modulater and atomic ray gun and blast 'em.
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

Opforce3

• God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 08:46:53 PM »
i sincerely hope its actually good. marvin the martian is my favorite looney toon. now that i think of it, i seem to have a fondness for aliens with ridiculous napoleon complexes and massive firepower...

(EXTERMINATE)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Doin' what I can with what I got."
-Burt Gummer

6/4/11 NEVER FORGET

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 11:04:40 PM »
EXTERMINEREN

I still remember the game where I played as the Tasmanian Devil and had to escape Marvin's space base.  Sega CD, if I remember correctly.  That was a great game.
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

Battleground

• Store Owner
  • Dungeon Master
  • Epic Tier Level 25
  • DMing since 1983
    • Battleground Games & Hobbies
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 11:13:51 PM »
Do you remember that time that the Dalek's asked the Cybermen if they were proposing an alliance, and then, when the Cybermen confirmed, told them "Request denied!"?

What I love so much about it is that they asked because they knew that's what the Cybermen were hinting at, and they really, really wanted to be able to tell them that their request was denied.

Daleks are awesome.
"The final word, then, is the game." - Gary Gygax

Opforce3

• God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 03:56:07 AM »
the season finale concluded today, and the daleks were in germany, and instead of exterminate, they said (as rob said) EXTERMINEREN.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Doin' what I can with what I got."
-Burt Gummer

6/4/11 NEVER FORGET

Jonathan

• God
  • Of what should I be God?
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 04:04:32 AM »
Let's cross our fingers.  Marvin is a great property and if the film is done well, say half as well as Dark Knight, it'll be quite impressive.
You game. I blog. CWF Game Cast | www.wargamingforums.com

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."-Sherlock Holmes