Author Topic: Some good news...  (Read 2336 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Some good news...
« on: April 05, 2010, 10:27:35 PM »
I'm sure there's a fair chance I'm behind on the latest news from GW but in talking to a rep. today he told me that the Daemon Hunter's Codex is "out of print" and purposely hinted at the fact that they will probably reprint it.

Historically, when this happens it means a new Codex is on the way.  The Tyranid stuff was out of print from a while before we saw them release the new book / models though, so who knows how long you'll all be waiting.

Anyhow, it's pretty safe to say that the Codex / models are "on the way".
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
Re: Some good news...
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 11:05:07 PM »
This is indeed good news.

This might be the nudge I need to start that inquisition army I have been putting off since I started my Death Guard.

Logan007

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 11:57:02 PM »
Nice!

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
  • Bob Butler, former Abington guy
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 06:14:51 AM »
Anyhow, it's pretty safe to say that the Codex / models are "on the way".

I poked about looking for rumors.  There seem to be a lot fewer rumors than you normally see when the old stuff starts fading from the shelves.  Sisters and Grey Knights in the same codex?  The assassin options are being simplified, still potent, but expensive?  Less lending of Inquisition units to other army's force org structure, the emphasis being on the Inquisition as a stand alone force?

But it is all very fuzzy.  I wouldn't count on any of the above holding.

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 09:29:52 AM »
If it happens to be true, than I guess Seth won't be the only one using an Inquistor/Hunters list. Cool.
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 09:40:46 PM »
I hope it also includes the other Inquisition branches. Having Death Watch Kill Teams again would be sweet.

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • Egotistical Co-Conspirator
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 11:15:36 PM »
I hope it also includes the other Inquisition branches. Having Death Watch Kill Teams again would be sweet.

An entire deathwatch army list would be pretty boss.  Kill the Xenos scum

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 01:33:36 AM »

Games Workshop, further destroying the fluff they took decades to write since 4th Ed.
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 02:21:45 AM »

Games Workshop, further destroying the fluff they took decades to write since 4th Ed.

I'm not sure they will destroy it, or just condense it.  I remember when the Eldar Harlequin had an entire list and set of models... not overly well balanced and playable, but it was a complete force.  They now have two pages in the basic Eldar codex.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Deathwatch and the assassins end up taking a similar road.

But I'm just guessing.

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 03:00:50 AM »

I'm not sure they will destroy it, or just condense it.  I remember when the Eldar Harlequin had an entire list and set of models... not overly well balanced and playable, but it was a complete force.  They now have two pages in the basic Eldar codex.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Deathwatch and the assassins end up taking a similar road.

But I'm just guessing.

The Deathwatch being a squad... or should I say "Kill Team" in the book makes perfect sense to me.  The ability to make an army out of it is what troubled me.  I don't really know the Harlequin fluff, but I don't think they were just death squads like the deathwatch is.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 06:59:54 PM »
Death watch does not have an entire army. Its a team of hand picked marines from different chapters under the orders of Ordo Xenos.

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 07:22:22 PM »
Death watch does not have an entire army. Its a team of hand picked marines from different chapters under the orders of Ordo Xenos.

Well it is Rick James so if it's superior to anything else, it doesn't matter if it makes sense.

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 08:03:45 PM »

Yep.  As such, it would be reasonable to give them a page or two in a new Inquisition codex.  It would have made no sense for them to have put out the rumored Xenos Hunters codex that was rumored to be in the works a few years back.

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • Egotistical Co-Conspirator
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 09:14:13 PM »

Well it is Rick James so if it's superior to anything else, it doesn't matter if it makes sense.

Sure thing Rob Sims, you get an a okay from me!

And if the entire ordo xenos is just kill teams then the imperium of man is definitely in trouble

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 06:09:56 PM »

Sure thing Rob Sims, you get an a okay from me!

And if the entire ordo xenos is just kill teams then the imperium of man is definitely in trouble

I dont see how. We cant call on the Death Watch for every Xenos thret. We dont call on the Grey Knights for every Deamon thret do we? Nope Gaurdsmen and regular chapters of marines can handle it. The deathwatch come in to deal with problems like: getting right to a warboss of an ork horde to kill it, boarding a tyrinid hive ship to kill the norne queen, assassinating an Eldar Farseer. They do the tricky fine tuned surgury strike stuff that has to deal with Xenos threts