Author Topic: Megabattle 2010: What did you NOT like?  (Read 7854 times)

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
  • Bob Butler, former Abington guy
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
Re: Megabattle 2010: What did you NOT like?
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2010, 10:17:37 AM »
I wish we could have finished the game, so maybe more time? Though we could've played more efficiently...

I remember that problem from 2009, but it didn't exist on the moon in 2010.  Smaller tables and fewer players helps a lot.  The table being small enough for "Hey Bob!" to get someone's attention helps.

I've considered suggesting a limit where one couldn't bring your troops on the table more than some arbitrary distance from one's deployment area.  I've considered suggesting a limit on table size.  I also have played in another store where they timed turns, where if you didn't finish a phase, it was left unresolved.  One might assign 'whips' whose job is to keep things moving.

But there are downsides to all of the above.  Trying to beat the clock resulted in a high stress game.  Playing on a huge table is a large part of the attraction of the mega battle.  Being able to reinforce an area of the table that needs help is part of the game.  There are options, but we might want to be careful on which ones we might implement.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2010, 06:18:18 PM »
a large problem for me since i was delaying the game was the lack of knowledge people had about their armies. when I was doing anything to a few players be it shooting or close combat they constantly had to look everything up and even by the end of the game still didnt know their own stats. i didnt like being yelled at to hurry up when it was not me holding up the game.

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
  • Bob Butler, former Abington guy
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2010, 09:50:23 PM »
a large problem for me since i was delaying the game was the lack of knowledge people had about their armies. when I was doing anything to a few players be it shooting or close combat they constantly had to look everything up and even by the end of the game still didnt know their own stats. i didnt like being yelled at to hurry up when it was not me holding up the game.

Don't worry.  Even if you associate with people who don't have their codices memorized, you are still totally awesome.