Author Topic: Tyranid Rumors! likely next after Space Marines  (Read 7194 times)

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
Re: Tyranid Rumors! likely next after Space Marines
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2013, 01:00:15 PM »
The Hobbit movie is coming out in December isn't it? It would make sense to release the new Hobbit stuff around then. But yeah Orks coming out in June would suck gargantuan squigoth balls.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2013, 06:06:59 PM »
I'm probably the minority here, but I don't really think Orks currently fit in 40k. Not from strictly a theme perspective, but a gameplay one. For CC horde armies with shooting support, tyranids and daemons seem to be more suitable and have more diverse unit types. I guess you could argue that Ork vehicles set them apart from the other two, but Dark Eldar seem to be better at fast assaults from transports. It would be nice to see Orks finally get a monsterous creature like the squiggoth in the next codex. With the riptide and wraithknight kits, a giant squiggoth doesn't seem that far fetched. Just my 2 cents
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 06:17:18 PM by MM3791 »

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2013, 10:42:21 AM »
I'm probably the minority here, but I don't really think Orks currently fit in 40k. Not from strictly a theme perspective, but a gameplay one. For CC horde armies with shooting support, tyranids and daemons seem to be more suitable and have more diverse unit types. I guess you could argue that Ork vehicles set them apart from the other two, but Dark Eldar seem to be better at fast assaults from transports. It would be nice to see Orks finally get a monsterous creature like the squiggoth in the next codex. With the riptide and wraithknight kits, a giant squiggoth doesn't seem that far fetched. Just my 2 cents

Eh, not really wanting a squiggoth.  I really like the ramshackle engineer feel of orks.  Would rather see the Meka-Dread come over from IA with some rules to make it worth it as a walker.  I guess you could make it a MC....

would rather see the stompa (with cut down rules obviously) added to the codex.  I would love to be able to use that model more.
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2013, 11:40:13 PM »

Eh, not really wanting a squiggoth.  I really like the ramshackle engineer feel of orks.  Would rather see the Meka-Dread come over from IA with some rules to make it worth it as a walker.  I guess you could make it a MC....

would rather see the stompa (with cut down rules obviously) added to the codex.  I would love to be able to use that model more.

I'd like to see them get the Righteous Zeal special rule that was in the old Black Templar Codex (make a consolidation move towards the nearest enemy when you take a casualty due to enemy shooting).It's not like they're using it anymore let someone else have it.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2013, 09:19:26 AM »
bumping with new rumors

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/12/tyranids-rumors-are-hitting.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Faeit212+%28Faeit+212%29

MINIS
New Tyranid plastic kits:
Warrior - Shrike: 3 model kit.
HiveGuard - Tyrantguard: 3 model kit. New weapon option for Hiveguard, Full lash whip-sword-claw-talon bits for Tyrant guard.
Pyrovore - Biovore - Hellevore: 1 model plastic kit. 3 plastic spore mines included.
Harpy - Eriyne: 1 model plastic kit.
Mycetic Spore: 1 model plastic kit.
Tyranid Prime: 1 model plastic kit.

RULES
Termagant
Troops FOC
Unit size up to 30
Cost: 4pt
Default comes with Fleshborer

Upgrades:
Fleet for 1pt per model

+1 pt Spike Rifles
+2 pt Spinefists (now Assault x(minimum of 2) Twinlinked)
+4 pt Devourers

1 per 10 can take:
+10 pt Strangleweb
+15 pt Electroshock Spitter (S4 AP6 Template Assault 1)

+1 Adrenal Glands - Fleet and Furious Charge
+1 Toxin sacs - Poison (affects cc attacks)
+2 Toxic grubs - Poison (affects ranged fire)