Author Topic: Urgent: Players and the Map  (Read 1944 times)

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Shinobi Tactics: Your daily dose of Ninja goodness.
    • Email
Urgent: Players and the Map
« on: August 13, 2013, 09:31:53 PM »
Once again this week we've had several instances of players climbing the ladder and changing details on the map without our knowledge. Be aware: This costs us SIGNIFICANT time as we have to stop and trace each problem, especially when certain builds are impossible, armies disappear or appear out of thin air or armies are not where we expect them. We then have to fix all of these changes and redo them based on your turn in sheets. I can also tell you that half the time, if not more the moves that players make on the board are either incorrect or not legal.

I know all of you are excited for things to progress in the campaign as well as having a need for things to be done right but please understand two things. One: More often than not when we have significant, serious issues it's because of tokens being moved on the board without our knowledge as we simply can't trust that changes that have been made are being made with relevant players consent and that the turn has to be done in a particular order which is important to how challenges are generated. Two, Players should not be on the ladder (or tables) as it is a legal liability for Battleground Games and Hobbies.

Be advised: If we find that this is still happening the players responsible will be penalized up to and including dismissal from the campaign. This is not the first time we've had to make this announcement. So please, don't do it.
Good men hear the call; Great men answer.

Vandehey

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
Re: Urgent: Players and the Map
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 05:15:07 PM »
Is there a chance that people who come into the store to play other games and do tournaments are moving the tiles, thinking it is funny, or not realizing that it is for a campaign of another game? The store does run other events so there is a possibility that it might not even be anyone from this event doing the deeds.

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Shinobi Tactics: Your daily dose of Ninja goodness.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 05:23:38 PM »
I agree that it's possible, were it not for the fact that some of the moves on the board actually make an attempt at being correct. Some armies that were routed were removed from the board, some turn sheets line up, so yes it's possible that its more than one person and some are not involved in the campaign. However it's also very clear that some people who have been involved are in the campaign due to how close some of the turns/movements line up.
Good men hear the call; Great men answer.

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 05:56:23 PM »
So perhaps penalize those involved by removing their 1000 points for the week?
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

MM3791

• God
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 06:04:37 PM »
So perhaps penalize those involved by removing their 1000 points for the week?

Maybe I'm just a hardass, but I would have the guilty parties expelled from the campaign.