Author Topic: Playing your first game, Guidelines and Following Turns  (Read 1883 times)

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Shinobi Tactics: Your daily dose of Ninja goodness.
    • Email
Playing your first game, Guidelines and Following Turns
« on: July 13, 2013, 08:39:29 PM »
Evening Gents,

I know most of you that have games are gearing up to play your first one and break in the new campaign. Well there are a couple of things I want to let you all know before we get right into it. In your first game remember to show up prepared. That means having your list done, ready for your opponent to view and knowing what type of game you'll be playing. It doesn't help anyone if you show up to a dogfight and forgot to bring any flyers. So be aware and be prepared.

Firstly, I wanted to remind everyone of the few things you'll need to do before tuesday. For one if you have any games to play, make sure that after the fact you and your partner fill out a Reporting sheet. These will be available behind the counter at Battlegrounds. You only need to fill out 1 per game you play between you and your opponent which will detail how many points both players have lost and who won the game ect. On that sheet will be instructions for Routing other armies and doing any other dependent actions (if applicable) such as bombing runs. Both players will need to sign the bottom of the sheet to guarantee that both players agree to the information and that it is correct (so make sure both of you look at it twice! Once it's signed we take it at face value).

Second, for turning in your second turn you can utilize the same methods as first turn (emailing me at paulcwyatt@gmail.com or messaging me here on the forum) or you can use the paper turn sheets behind the counter at Battlegrounds. However I want to let you know that after tuesday you will likely see a few changes. I will be taking on a less active role and handing more of these responsibilities over to the store, so there will be a new email address to use and likely more encouragement to use the paper forms in the store.

Third, you'll notice some differences between how I post information and how the store does. For those who haven't been in the store yet the physical map is up and populated (and looks fantastic, I greatly encourage you to go in and take a look). Rather than using digital representations from here the store will be using digital pictures of each planet to show it's current standings and movement. You will notice a difference in the numbering system, so be careful when you submit your third and following turns.

Finally a word on etiquette and fairness. Remember that we're all here to have a good time. Try to be sporting with your opponent. Trust me, I understand that things will get competitive and that's fine but do your best to be sporting and accommodating to your opponents so they can do the same for you. Also, and I really wish it wasn't necessary for me to say this: cheating won't be tolerated. Minor infractions can be overlooked once if they are found to be legitimate mistakes, but repeated or blatant infractions (such as fielding an army above your point limit, intentionally misleading opponents about abilities ect) can lead to disciplinary actions ranging from immediately losing games, having armies routed all the way up to expulsion from the campaign and forfeiture of your entry fee. It's not worth it guys, so don't do it.

So be fair, be honest and have fun. Going forward I will still be here to answer questions and help moderate where I can but after tuesday most of the heavy lifting will be accomplished by Battleground Games and Hobbies very own Nick Hough. Thanks again everyone, and I look forward to seeing how the campaign progresses.
Good men hear the call; Great men answer.

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
Re: Playing your first game, Guidelines and Following Turns
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 11:51:45 PM »
General Reminder: Turns are due TOMORROW, 7/16 before 6pm. If you haven't done it yet get on it! Exception has been made this week for Epsilon Primaris.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 10:03:39 AM »
Its Wednesday and still nothing has been updated, it was my understanding that every Tuesday new moves would be executed. I understand Primaris got an extension but still the other planets aren't updated.

Players in general have to be aware that they need to follow the campaign turn deadlines or face penalties.. it is not fair to everyone else and is disrespectful of the time of the people who actually make an effort to meet turn deadlines. If a player does not submit a turn by the agreed deadline then the player's army should be able to do nothing that turn (except defend against enemy invasions) 

Everyone should understand that future planetary move extensions will not be possible since more people will eventually start traveling to colonize other planets and soon it will effect the whole game.

Please be respectful and adhere to the rules and deadlines that you agreed on when you first entered the campaign. Thank you

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 11:51:17 AM »
Its Wednesday and still nothing has been updated, it was my understanding that every Tuesday new moves would be executed. I understand Primaris got an extension but still the other planets aren't updated.

Players in general have to be aware that they need to follow the campaign turn deadlines or face penalties.. it is not fair to everyone else and is disrespectful of the time of the people who actually make an effort to meet turn deadlines. If a player does not submit a turn by the agreed deadline then the player's army should be able to do nothing that turn (except defend against enemy invasions) 

Everyone should understand that future planetary move extensions will not be possible since more people will eventually start traveling to colonize other planets and soon it will effect the whole game.

Please be respectful and adhere to the rules and deadlines that you agreed on when you first entered the campaign. Thank you

Mike, thank you for expressing valid concerns in a respectful manner.

The situation on Primaris is a one time exception made possible by the fact that it is first turn. However I do understand your concern.

I'm going to send out a message to find out what's happening with the turn. In the meantime I do have access to the information and will try to pm people who have games. Players on devastus and nocturnis have no games, so if you are in that planet and waiting for an update then don't worry, there's nothing to schedule.

I'll reply again when I have an eta on the turn posting, unless it gets posted in the meantime. Thank you all for your continued patience.