Author Topic: New To Warhammer  (Read 678 times)

cobrajml

New To Warhammer
« on: April 10, 2013, 09:28:42 PM »
Hello,

I just started playing Warhammer 40k, I have two army's built right now, a Ork and a Dark Angel army. I was interested in coming up to the shop on Thursday Nights to play. I was wondering if there is and Avg points system you guy splay with 1500, 2k?   I currently have two 1500 points armys though i could make my Orks 2k easy enough as i have the stuff to do it. Also I am still painting my Army and would not have fully painted armies yet. I like to take my time with each piece as that is also part of the fun for me, My question is would that be a problem?

Joe
"In Life the road to darkness is a journey not a light switch." - Lex Luther

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: New To Warhammer
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 09:40:35 PM »
Hey Joe, we just spoke on the phone.

Like I said, the tendency right now (due to the upcoming events) is probably towards 500 and 2000 points.  If you were to post in the Thursday 40k thread asking for a game with someone that can help you learn you'll pretty much be able to request what point total you play at.

Really, anything is good though.  I suppose the most common point total you'll see around here is 1850 mainly because a lot of the events are run at that level.

We've got a few Ork and DA pros that are around on Thursdays too, so you'll be in great hands.

(Joe is likely not able to make it this Thursday, but may come in next week)
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

cobrajml

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 09:46:01 PM »
I may swing in later in the night on Thursday to watch a game or two, I have dinner plans with a friend this Thursday but will make sure i leave them open. Looking forward to meeting everyone! Thanks for the help If I will pick up that HQ off you this week to!  Thanks again!   
"In Life the road to darkness is a journey not a light switch." - Lex Luther

jedxix

• Email
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 11:30:29 PM »
Is there an army builder you guys use? I just started as well and could use a hand with my math.

Vincent

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 11:41:35 PM »
I just got back into Playing 40k a few weeks ago, still learning the 6th ed rules. I'll be up for a game with anyone if my army case gets back to me.

Army Builder and Battle Scribe are two programs, but a few seem to use Battle Scribe as it also has a android app you can use on your phone.

I've had my army since Tau existed still not painted. Unless its a tournament I don't think anyone cares about having a fully painted army.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 01:00:28 AM »
I've had my army since Tau existed still not painted. Unless its a tournament I don't think anyone cares about having a fully painted army.

People would PREFER to have and play against a painted army, but they're almost never required.  I think 2 events in the past 2 years have required paint, and they're the 500 point events.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 03:03:25 AM by Chase »

Erich

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 08:41:13 AM »
Always great to welcome new folks.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 04:21:23 PM »
Erich,your blog is pretty bad ass.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 07:48:16 PM »
I agree with Chase. Nice, clean layout and pictures.

Erich

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 08:24:15 AM »
Thank you guys. A friend set it up for us to use as a "project log" and such. Need to get more stuff on there.