Author Topic: General Discussion for 40K  (Read 1172 times)

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
Re: General Discussion for 40K
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 10:50:15 PM »
that one is easy...Ork MegaNobz
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

King of the Elves

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 05:07:13 PM »
Sorry to be rude, but you want to pay 54 euro for 3 bikers? THATS MENTAL!

It's mainly because it's resin, and well, people are willing to pay for it. I mean think of it, (almost) all of us have paid $35 for a squad of infantry that costs about $0.75 to make, the cardboard costs more than the plastic, lol. So to pay a lot more for resin bikes, and for the designs on some of these bikes, are expected. Plus these are for serious collectors anyways.

Erich

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 10:00:15 AM »
It's mainly because it's resin, and well, people are willing to pay for it. I mean think of it, (almost) all of us have paid $35 for a squad of infantry that costs about $0.75 to make, the cardboard costs more than the plastic, lol. So to pay a lot more for resin bikes, and for the designs on some of these bikes, are expected. Plus these are for serious collectors anyways.

While I do not disagree that GW's prices are rough it is good to remember that more that $0.75 of plastic went in to that squad you just purchased. The tooling for the molds alone is amazingly expensive, then there is production, shipping, engineering, sculpting, marketing, design, legal, development and so on.

At least that is what I tell myself when walking up to the cash register with a box of GW models  ;)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 07:57:23 PM »
There's QC costs too.  I can tell you for sure that the amount of complaints, missing pieces, or screwed up sprues related to GW models is far, far, far less than any of the other product lines we sell... And we sell a lot more GW product than the other minis lines.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

King of the Elves

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 08:44:57 PM »
There's QC costs too.  I can tell you for sure that the amount of complaints, missing pieces, or screwed up sprues related to GW models is far, far, far less than any of the other product lines we sell... And we sell a lot more GW product than the other minis lines.

I have only had 1 problem with any models regarding GW. I had just bought the Eldar battlebox, and I noticed that quite a few things where wrong about the wave serpent. After I had talked for about 10mins with the guy from GW regarding my problem, he said he could just send me a new one. I was quite surprised by this, they did not ask for any pictures or anything, I could of been making up the entire thing. I like to rag on GW alot but they do have great customer service.