Author Topic: Results: Battleground 40k Trios Tournament on 8.6.2011  (Read 1262 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Results: Battleground 40k Trios Tournament on 8.6.2011
« on: August 07, 2011, 08:09:26 PM »

Battleground Games & Hobbies - Plainville MA

Thank you to all of those who came out and made the event so much fun!  A special thanks to Mike Brandt and http://novaopen.com/ for the original scenarios and to Sam Pearson for his help judging and checking the lists.

1st Place - Sam Gould (Chaos Space Marines), Wyatt Traina (Orks), and Ben Mohile (Salamanders). They won $210.00 Store Credit.
2nd Place - Rick James (Imperial Guard), Hans Cote (Dark Eldar), and Matt Susalka (Space Wolves). They won $150.00 Store Credit.
3rd Place - Bill Souza (Chaos Daemons), Keith Bonneau (Space Wolves), and Troy Esposito (Grey Knights).  They won $90.00 Store Credit.

Best Theme - Tyler Barg, Fred Janney, and Jared Friedman representing three parts of the Inquisition; Witch Hunters, Space Marines, and Grey Knights, respectively.  They won $75.00 Store Credit.

Best Appearance - Ben Mohile for his Salamanders.  He won $30.00 Store Credit.
(Judged by Matt Susalka.  His website can be found here.)

Smokin' Boots Award - Adam Tirrell, Marcel Franjieh, and Brendan Richardi for the utter failure of their dice.  They each won a dice cube of their choice.

BG Plainville will be hosting Warhammer 40k Ard Boyz Prelims on SUNDAY, August 14th.  Details can be found here.

BG Plainville has also been selected to host the Warhammer 40k Ard Boyz Semifinal round on September 17th.  Details can be found here.

Thanks again for showing Battleground such awesome support!

PICS!

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 05:10:03 PM by Chase »
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Dissimulation

• Heroic Tier Level 5
Re: Results: Battleground 40k Trios Tournament on 8.6.2011
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 08:12:11 PM »
This event was definitely the best one I've attended yet. The variation between rounds kept each game fresh.
Time for my tau jumpy phase

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 08:20:21 PM »
Coming into it I didn't know what to think.  The scoring of the rounds was easy and straight forward, the mechanics of the event kept each round feeling fresh and different, and the nature of the event made for a casual atmosphere in the room.

I had a really good time with this and will definitely do something like it in the future.

The only downside is the difficulty in getting a team together on the player's end.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 12:20:34 AM by Chase »

Ragnar

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 12:19:30 AM »
The only downside is the difficulty in getting a team together on the player's end.

lol

fantastic event chase; it was a pleasure to attend and judge painting

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 05:11:11 PM »
Added pics.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 11:34:29 PM »
Dont you guys know your not supposed to look at the camera :P.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com