Author Topic: Really happy with gk codex  (Read 4661 times)

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
Re: Really happy with gk codex
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2011, 12:28:21 PM »
Is turbo boosting normal movement?
I would say yes, as it can be done every turn.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2011, 12:34:17 PM »
This ability takes the place of normal movement so therefore can be used just like Smoke and Turbo Boosting.  The most relevant rule here is the Turbo Boosting which is a Speacial move which in turn counts as normal movement so therefore can be done in the scout move.
Can we be clear that smoke is not part of the move, but a separate after-effect? It's triggered by a move; it is not the move itself.

And Turbo Boosting, see above post. It's special, but it's not unique, not a once-per-game movement.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2011, 01:08:36 PM »
I was hoping for a citation rather than a guess. I don't have my rulebook on me.

Ben, you seem like a nice guy, but this reminds me of the old Vulcan shenanigans that caused an uproar and led to a lot of flaming. In the end, I really don't care to continue talking about this. There's been a little too much cherry picking and te like for me to feel like any progress can be made.

Play how you want to play and have fun.
beep bop boop

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2011, 02:19:15 PM »
I was hoping for a citation rather than a guess. I don't have my rulebook on me.
Turbo Boosting is specifically allowed by the rule book FAQ. But you're probably looking for a citation that adjucates Turbo Boosting is normal movement. I'll keep looking. Maybe INAT will have an answer (or have one soon).

After all, it's important that the rules are clear. The rules are there so that we can enjoy the same game, regardless of whether we know each other.

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2011, 03:58:15 PM »
I like and support the shunt punch idea working.  If you do not go first or sieze the initiative,  Youve lost a 320 point squad.  Another rule breaKer is the purgation squad?  It has the power that allows you to shoot without LOS, so could it be an argument you could fire the four incinerators from within a razorback?

All things considered, you have some fun stuff, and force weapons.  Theres where the fun ends.  With shooty lists and mech being the meta as of now, they're going to be hurting in a few matchups, thriving in others. 

In a word, there has been no power creep since the space wolf codex.  Blood Angels got some goodies, but nothing too broken, only different;  Dark Eldar are very killy, but theyre still the same glass nukes with finesse; and grey knights are super leet in combat, but lack any ranged weapons to write home about.  It all seems appropriately balanced, as Rich said, this, In my honest opinion, is a plateau period, which is a nice way of easing into a new edition somewhere in the next couple years, once all codexes are on a closely level playing field.
Tiger's Den founding member

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2011, 04:00:32 PM »
Another rule breaKer is the purgation squad?  It has the power that allows you to shoot without LOS, so could it be an argument you could fire the four incinerators from within a razorback?

They are not "on the table" and require a fire point like everyone else.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2011, 05:02:26 PM »
Nothing in INAT one way or another regarding Turbo Boosters, Scouts, Shunts or anything else relevant. For now, it remains a point of contention in which both sides have valid points, which is... meh.

For those who don't know me personally, I enjoy playing 40k and I consider playing as laid-back practice for the tournament scene. Though I'm not a great competitor results-wise, I can still help my friends become better players. (Most of them are my equals or better, admittedly.) That's all I would want for everyone here as well. (I've also been sick for the past couple weeks, so I've nothing better to do than scour the forums. :) )

So when it comes to a rules dispute, it's not good enough for me to take someone's word or opinion. I have to know exactly why it is so. The last tournament I was in, I found out only too late that some other players were misinterpreting some fairly important rules specific to their armies. I don't believe it was done with any malice or intention of cheating, but it does slant the playing field in their favor. I may have finished better than I did, and I'm sure everyone here has a similar story or two.

As cool as the GK codex seems, I dread the misinterpretations for the above reasons.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2011, 05:55:19 PM »
So has an agreement has been reached with respect to Shunt and Scout Move?

I have been asked this question a time or two now and it will come up in the Doubles on April 9th.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2011, 10:49:26 PM »
With Shunting I'm with it's legal til GW says otherwise. The reason's behind it are pretty solid. Plus personally I think its a huge risk. It's similiar to the SW scouts there's a good chance they're going to kill something and then die a spectacular death.

<<<<Some other stuff cut out >>>>
So basically roll with the punch's

Agreed, that's about the size of it. It looks and feels legal. It's great shock\awe first turn approach.. but then ...

Ahh we'll see.

Cheers,
Alan
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2011, 11:02:31 PM »
I know I put up arguments against it, but I don't care for this tournament. If people want it, okay.

Hai, I'm Daemonz. So the Scout Shunt is just cute.