Author Topic: Spearhead!  (Read 748 times)

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
Spearhead!
« on: May 29, 2010, 02:07:07 PM »
Send more tanks/skimmers/walkers/monstrous creatures/lots of crappy infantry!

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=9800021a&utm_source=VoxCaster&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=new-article&utm_content=new-article&utm_campaign=VoxCaster-New-Articles

Not sure how I feel about this expansion. Could be fun though.

FAKE EDIT:  Looks like you need to sign in to GW's site but that's relatively painless.

jfoodmaster

• Paragon Tier Level 12
  • For the United Kriels!
    • Building and Painting Blog
    • Email
Re: Spearhead!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 02:34:23 PM »
Spearhead seems like a small step from regular 40k to apocalypse. It's still got a force org chart but you can use Superheavies. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but what do I know?

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 04:06:39 PM »
Should be interesting.
  Bringing super-heavies will be a bit hairy, an auto pen turn 1 means there's always that chance that your SH goes pop turn 1. we've all seen sixes rolled in succession enough for that to be an entertaining game.

I'll read it some more, but I think this shows promise..

Cheers,
Alan
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

jfoodmaster

• Paragon Tier Level 12
  • For the United Kriels!
    • Building and Painting Blog
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 06:28:53 PM »
I think it's promising too. I don't have enough tanks to do any of the tank stuff, but I've got enough Loyalist Dreads that I can field lots of em in spearheads. I'm excited about Dreads that can infiltrate and scout move! Suddenly there are 3 Dreads in your face on turn 1. Yikes.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 05:51:57 PM »
hummm most of my motar pool consists of Rhinos.