Author Topic: Building a better vulture...  (Read 2057 times)

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Strategic Command Wargaming Club
    • Email
Building a better vulture...
« on: May 05, 2010, 11:01:40 PM »
Ok so its been a while since I have had time to paint or model but finally I made the time and put together the new improved better vulture design brought to us by a friend of mine Brother_Dan'l you can see his here....  Dan'l Vulture

This is based off the new Sky Talon Valkyrie Variant. I like this better the the bulky vulture body with the huge turbine behind the cockpit. The Sky Talon lets me make a valkyrie without the crew compartment which lightens the load and makes it fast. So adding some punishers and other items it looks nice in my book.

Only thing I did not have was the tail parts from the vulture. So it still has the valkyrie style tail.

So here you go:

Ok so armaments on the body right now are 2 Hellstrike missiles, 6 Hunter-killer missiles, and 2 Punisher cannons. Most of this is just for show since i do not have the stats or the weapon load-outs from the vulture yet.

So I was unsure how to fit in the Punisher cannon magazines but here they are... bunched together and hooked to the hull but a piston arm. (from the Sky Talon)

Finally out of respect for his design idea this bad boy is piloted by Brother_Dan'l. whose call sign he told me was "Dragon".  Its all hand painted I need to go back and clean up some letters but its hard becuase its really really small :)

Comments and feedback more then welcome!
Strategic Command Wargaming Club
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com

Grand Master Steve

Re: Building a better vulture...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 10:46:26 PM »
It looks cool dude but you have to many guns. a Vulture can only have 2 hard points under each wing. If you take Punisher cannons they take up 2 hard points one for the amo the other for the cannon. Other then that its a cool model.

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 08:33:14 AM »
Yeah I finally got the data sheet for the vulture.  It still looks mean. I suppose this would cover the fact that I forgot to magnetize it but hey It still works :) 

Thanks for the compliment.
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 09:05:13 PM »
Looking good, Mike.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 09:30:04 PM »
You could always break em off magnatise em and re-paint. A pain yes I know but then again im O.C.D when it comes to my fancy models lol. I like what you did with it though. Im working on an Elysian army myself right now that will incorperate Valkayries, Vendettas, Sky Talons and Vultures. Not to mention the imperial aircraft I already have.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 11:31:30 PM »
Hey Mike, I just saw you selling this bird on E-bay. Its a cool model why ya selling it?

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 09:18:00 AM »
Well I was figuring on getting some apoc stuff into the army like the vulture and a few knight titans but i only really play apoc like 3 times a year.. I would rather get the coin and us it to fill out my IG army so I have more versatility under the 3000 point mark.  I would rather have a 4-5k army of all straight standard units and then work on the apoc stuff later on...
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 03:08:57 PM »
Ok so I am keeping this...I already have it, converted, and painted, It will look nice even if not used all that often.  Who knows maybe Tim will get over the 3k point limit and we can apoc at the club.
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com