Author Topic: Grey Knights....  (Read 1204 times)

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Strategic Command Wargaming Club
    • Email
Grey Knights....
« on: June 10, 2010, 08:57:16 PM »
Can Anyone give me their opinion of a Grey Knight Army?  How hard is it to play? How much A** dp they kick? Are they hard to paint? etc...

Strategic Command Wargaming Club
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
Re: Grey Knights....
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 09:06:29 PM »
you have like no models cause they are so many points but i very fun army imo.

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • Egotistical Co-Conspirator
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 09:11:29 PM »
Can Anyone give me their opinion of a Grey Knight Army?  How hard is it to play? How much A** dp they kick? Are they hard to paint? etc...

There are multiple ways to play grey knight armies.  The straight force is pure pewter and costs a metric boatload of money, but even with the current point cost, they do alright.

GK lack alot of long range punch if you are playing a straight army, so some people like to do a mix of guard/marines/gk.

straightedge166

• Email
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 10:16:10 PM »
They work very well as a contingent to a guard army.
I invoke the name of the pastery baker of DOOOOOM!!!!!!     

cryptoron

skavengear

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 10:24:08 PM »
Ed did the other inquisition the witch hunters yesterday ad it was pretty good. imo i would wait until the newcodex is out according to rumors it is this year. this means plastic models and new stuff, plus witch hunters and grey knights. rumors are they are changing it so they include entries for the guard, marines, etc so you dont have to buy 3 codexes.

overall grey knights are cool, they all have power or force weapons and if you have a lot of friends that play daemons (or csm with daemons) then they can be nasty.

im just getting ito it myself but i hope that helps

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 08:12:14 AM »
I too am thinking about Grey Knights but have resolved to wait for the new codex.  Rumors say a new codex is around the corner but I would prefer to not have another codex less army.

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 02:37:31 PM »
Thanks for all the great information. I am wondering becuase I had gotte na Grye Knight army a long time ago for little money and I listed it on Ebay but not sure if I should keep it now. 

1 Brother Stern
11 Grey Knight Marines
31 Grey Knight Terminators.

Not sure if thats a good start or if I should sell em and use the $$$ at BG for IG stuff or another army.
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 02:47:45 PM »
The plastics that are rumored to come out will undoubtedly look different than the models you have now.  Keep that in mind.

skavengear

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 03:41:28 PM »
are they really going to be that different? a grey knightis pretty iconic looking, i wouldnt sell 31 terminators, there are tons of people who will want those at the store, maybe even yourself.

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 08:56:33 PM »
if you want to sell them i'd trade store credit for them i dont know when i'd be able to trade tho because i have other items coming in to the store well that is i hope so maybe a week from this date. that is if you still don't want them but i'd say keep them cause they are a pretty fun army.

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 03:07:53 PM »
Ok so I sold half of them... Keeping 5 grey knight marines and 10 terminators just to add to my guard army. A Landraider and dreadnoughts and I can have a nice small force.
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com